Gatchaman Anyone?

Discussion in 'Gatchaman' started by Eagle1, Jun 27, 2002.

1. Eagle1

Eagle1 Guest

Is anyone here more interested in Gatchaman than BoTP? I was really excited for the BoTP DVDs by Kid Rhino because they included Gatchaman episodes. I think ADV or some other anime company should pick up the rights to release the Gatchaman movies atleast (Gatchaman, Gatchaman 2, Gatchaman F)...Anyone else second this?

2. Gatchaman

Gatchaman Guest

I second this!

3. Gatchaman

Gatchaman Guest

I second this!

4. Dei

Dei New Member

Well, I wrestled with the issue of which series I *ought* to prefer, but I've come to realise that I adore Gatchaman and BotP for very different reasons (nostalgia NOT being one of them), so I can't do without either.

And I agree -- we definitely need to see Gatch II, F and the movie released over here in DVD. :)

Can't choose, won't choose,

Dei.

5. Elvin Ruler

Elvin Ruler New Member

Well, I grew up with G-Force, which I can no longer watch with a straight face, so it would have to be Gatch. (I can't get through the Zark scenes on Botp.) I would love to see II, F, and the movie, especially the movie, I think. ^_^ My little brother was shown all three on the dvds and his fav is Gatch, so there's another vote. ^_^ Talk later,
    Elvin Ruler

6. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

BATTLE OF THE PLANETS without a second thought! :D

Mark, the Commander

7. Gatchaman

Gatchaman Guest

I prefer Gatchaman because of the horrible 7-zark-7, the raping of Jinpei's character (Keop or what ever in BoTP. Whats the point of a character that doesnt speak and just makes stupid noises?!), and the terrible editing and butchering of the original!

Gatchaman RULES!

8. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

That's fine. But please remember that this is a Battle of the Planets message board, and flaming by using words such as "horrible" and "stupid" it could be considered offensive to some people.

Mark

9. Elvin Ruler

Elvin Ruler New Member

Yeah. Botp is actually really good when you take into consideration the cartoons kids have to watch today. (SpongeBob Squarepants, for one) I do watch Battle from time to time, and respect it as it is what brought Gatch here. Sure, they edited the plot and stuff like that, but at least it has a plot. ^_^ The stuff some of the kids I babysit today watch is so much worse than Zark, that it isn't even funny. If I had a choice between Patrick the starfish or Zark, I'd take Zark hands down. Botp was, and is, a great cartoon.
    Elvin Ruler

10. Cloud

Cloud Administrator
    Staff Member

Hehe Mark!

I guess the true test is if you'd buy a cel of 7-Zark-7 over say Jinpei or Ryu.

Here's a cel I bought last year (so you can see what kind of fan I am!).

BTW www.gatchaman.org now points here as well.

J.
    --

Attached Files:

11. Elvin Ruler

Elvin Ruler New Member

^_^ I'm not that much of a fan. However, I like your Jinpei cel. Once again, I find myself extremely envious over anyone who finds any Gatch cel. *sigh* At least I can save the pictures of cels I find on the internet and print them. ^_^ I do save money that way.
    On sort of the same topic, but different, I have been lucky enough to find a couple of the dvds in one shop and found a comic shop that says they will carry the comic. Botp just isn't popular here. The only anime I can find either is too gross for me, or volume 5 of a series. (It's really weird, no matter which shop I go to, if a store only has one volume of an anime, it's volume 5 every time.) You lucky people. Anyways, all this to tell you I like your cel. Guess I'm talky today. Well, talk later,
    Elvin Ruler

12. Dei

Dei New Member

It's to make you weep that 20 years hasn't been enough to teach people to produce better fare. That said, there are those who are making very good cartoons nowadays (can you say PowerPuff Girls or Batman), so it's not all bad.

Zark cels? Ohhh, don't tell me about them: came across some in ComicCon a few years back, being offered at about $110 a piece. They sold in minutes (no, none to me -- I can't take care of cels).

Dei

13. Gatchaman

Gatchaman Guest

My use of words like "Horrible" and "Stupid" were hardly "flaming". I was merely using them to express my opinion. I didnt call anyone stupid or horrible, therefore I flamed no one. Am I not allowed to express my opinion on this board? Sorry if my opinion is OFFENSIVE.

sheesh :rolleyes:

14. Elvin Ruler

Elvin Ruler New Member

What I think Mark meant was that, since this is a BotP forum, to not use harsh words against BotP. To those who like and love the show, it may have been considered flaming. By all means, share your opinion, just do it...diplomatically, if you will. One of the lessons of the internet that I've learned the hard way is to be polite and consider carefully everything you write. That way you state your opinion without stepping on anyone's toes. Mark is the moderator and, as such, has the duty, wanted or not, to make sure that everyone is nice and that no one offends anyone, no matter what. ^_^ Anyways, there's my two cents.
    From the Esteemed,
    Elvin Ruler