Gatchaman/BOTP/GoS poll up on AN's site!

Discussion in 'Gatchaman' started by Dirk Daring, Nov 8, 2004.

1. Dirk Daring

Dirk Daring New Member

The poll asks which incarnation of Gatchaman has the best theme song: the original, Battle of the Planets, or G-Force? As i speak, G-Force is leading in first, with BOTP in second and Gatchaman in last. Dont worry, i only voted once for G-Force! ;)

http://www.theanimenetwork.com/

Dont know how long this poll will be up though, so ignore this thread if its gone already.

2. Cloud

Cloud Administrator
    Staff Member

I voted BotP :) If I had to rank, I'd say BotP, Gatch and G-Force. But that's just me...

3. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

Ditto.

Sorry Dirk. However, our two votes seem to be moot at this point!

4. Dirk Daring

Dirk Daring New Member

G-Force still leading :p If only they enable us to see the poll results so far. I must admit i did vote again, but to see the poll results,honest! Funny that in the reverse order in which the poll results are listed in considered to be in which order most Gatchaman fans rank the incarnations: Gatchaman>Battle of the Planets>G-Force.

5. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

I might be naive and biased here, but I have to believe the G-Force votes are being padded. Dirk even admitted to voting twice! VIOLATION!!!!!!!! :( There is no way that synthesized tune is better than the orchestral masterpiece created and molded to perfection by Hoyt Curtin!!!!!!!!! :mad:

To anyone who thinks differently, just look at what Zoltar is saying above!!!!!!!!

6. Melek Taos

Melek Taos New Member

I agree with you. What could match the classic beauty of Hoyt Cutin??

The Gatch and GoS themes, though nice in themselves, dont come close.

7. Dirk Daring

Dirk Daring New Member

Yes, i do realize i violated the very essence of a fair poll, but this poll is very flawed. There's no option to check the poll results without voting again, and im certain im not the only one who wanted to check the poll results & had to vote again (regardless of what series' preference they have). Im a fan of GoS alright, but i dont try to force it on anyone (at least not anymore), or go as far to hijack the poll so to speak. :cool: I believe in fairness, especially in situations such as this.

8. Meridian

Meridian New Member

Just cast my vote, and the current scores are:

Gatchaman: 11978
    Battle of the Planets: 1156
    G-Force: 329

Either there's a lot of duplicate voting or the Gatchaman episodes on the Rhino DVDs have really made an impression on people. Have to say, I still favour the BOTP theme myself.

9. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

I would have to say there is a lot of duplicate voting. That's just completely unrealistic, especially when G-Force was leading the way a while ago.

10. Dirk Daring

Dirk Daring New Member

Bah, this poll seems to have lost its validality a long time ago. The voting system was really flawed and there wasnt an option to check the current votes without voting again. Well, i guess the votes are slightly more realistic now, but it sure was good to see everyone's "favorite" synth-pop tune topple the other 2 orchestral pieces for a while. ;) Of course it wasnt made possible by me mind you. But im going to lose interest in G-Force fast if i dont get any more material to view other than the 2 episodes i have in my PC. The theme song gets repetitive after hearing it over..........and over.........and over and i think im starting to get migranes from constantly hearing the backbeat. Alas, my opinions of G-Force fluctuate from time to time :confused: