Anime Gate Keeper News - Possible Fan Character Official Approval

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Cloud, Mar 18, 2001.

1. Cloud

Cloud Administrator
    Staff Member

Direct from DALnet #manga:

<Laibcoms> To all Gate Keepers fans...
    <Laibcoms> I and others have been talking with the Gate Keepers creators these passed few weeks, and they were very glad to hear that Gate Keepers has went INTERNATIONAL.
    <Laibcoms> Now, they said they have move their plan for the "future" of GK, and one of the major additions is the GK International.
    They will recognize and allow and "canonize" fan created chars and stories in the GK theme with the approval of the creators (ofcourse)
    <Laibcoms> Currently they want to know if it will not be a "waste" of time and effort to them (especially Gonzo because they own the copyrights).
    <Laibcoms> So if ur interested to help, u need to make atleast 1 char (with infos like name, age, sex, nationality, birthdate, height, etc.) and 1 story (with your char in it)
    <Laibcoms> It can be in any timeline you want as long as "GK Themed", tho no god-like chars or gate abilities. [​IMG]
    <Laibcoms> Just pass it to http://ub1.homepagetools.com/Gate_Keepers/UltraBoard.pl and I encourage you (not required) to join the 1st & Original GK Fan club at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Gate_Keepers
    <Laibcoms> the 2 URLs I gave you are pretty new. but I assure you this is not a HOAX just to get people to the board and the club.
    <Laibcoms> additional info, they will if Gonzo allowed it, allow localized GK publications and animations.
    <Laibcoms> but as far as Im concerned, they will possibly maintain the artists are Japanese.
    <Laibcoms> This is still under way... the rest of the GK Team (especially Gonzo) still needs to authorize it. Of the GK Creators we've been talking to the vote is:
    <Laibcoms> 5 out of 10 favors it
    <Laibcoms> i mean 50%
    <Laibcoms> [jst a comment] - most of the GK team said it is very unlikely for an official English Gate Keepers website... but it's possible Gonzo will give an "autorize" or "recommended" status to a very good GK website if not an "official" status. [​IMG]
    <Laibcoms> 1 more thing tho, the BBS and fan club has a pending "authorization" status or "recommendation" status if not an "official" status, Gonzo is somewhat very strict to giving an "official" status... hehe

[This message has been edited by Cloud (edited March 18, 2001).]