Computers Geforce problems for Metal Gear Solid 1.

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Teddz, Aug 5, 2003.

1. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

I found my PC version of Metal Gear Solid and installed it. I thought for myself, that I finally found a decent game for my days, even if I will finish it in a couple of hours :p.

But anyways, I installed it, and to my surprise...it doesn't play with GeForce Cards!

I tried to look for some patches but I can't find any that is for MGS1 ( Only MGS2: Substance )

Do help :)

- Teddz

2. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Funny, take a look at the first 2 reviews on this page...

http://www.pcgamereview.com/reviews/action/product_1132.asp

Hmm, don't their system specs list GeForce cards? :p

I think you're better off doing a full hardware and system listing here, and description of the problem if you want a better chance at an answer, because it seems a little odd that these users are playing it if "suprise, doesn't run on a GeForce"...

3. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

Now that's wierd, since i installed it, and when i reached to the menu and was gonna start a new game, i returned back to windows. Can it be outdated GeForce 4 drivers ?

- Teddz

4. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

As always, try and keep your drivers up to date.

Your symptoms are familiar to me, though. I recently ran into troubles running Grandia 2 on my GeForce4. As you describe, it ran up until the menu, where I had the option to begin a new game, or load an old one. Choosing either booted me out to the desktop, clean. No error messages, warnings, or anything. No patch was released yet, either. I searched several gaming forums for a solution, but didn't find one.

Found a workaround, though, however odd it seems. Pop in your MGS game disk, ISO it, and run it on a virtual drive using Daemon Tools instead of using your CD-ROM. For some odd reason, this allowed my game to work. It's a shot in the dark, but it might work for you, too. Give it a whirl.