FLCL Getting hold of FLCL

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Nic Wolfwood, May 8, 2002.

1. Nic Wolfwood

Nic Wolfwood New Member

Is it just me, or is getting hold of FLCL harder to catch than a diamond in pirana's jaw?
    Having failed to acquire it from the states (I live in England), I couldn't even secure a copy from Hong Kong. I have had to resort to getting it off Kazaa in DivX format, though a 150 mb file on a slow 56k connection is murder!
    I have managed to get 4/6 episodes but the 5th and 6th are proving to be tricky. Is there anyone who knows a stable site where I could download the remaining 2?
    Please help me resolve my quest to acquire to rest of a series that is beginning to (with repeated viewings) become one of my all time favourite anime, though that is of little surprise considering it's Gainaix roots.

2. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

it hasn't been released yet...was supposed to be in january...then march, then april...now i here near the end of the year(which i hope is wrong)...all i can think of is it's a program error with the dvd or they're contemplating releasing it like it was in japan...one ep/dvd but withlots of extras

3. Ak1t0

Ak1t0 New Member

I have all 6 eps of it on my hardrive. If you want I could try sending them to you on IRC if youve got the program. Im on a fast ethernet connection right now, but i'll be leaving the dorms on the 10 so we should do it tomorrow if you want. As for sites where you can download them from, I am totally clueless.

4. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

you could try like winmx or something and get kinda ok quality...

5. Nic Wolfwood

Nic Wolfwood New Member

5/6, 1 more to go!

Thanks for the replies, but I have just downloaded eps. 5, and eps. 6 has quite good bandwidth, so I should be alright.
    The indications I have been getting, from my importers website seems to suggest that 3 DVD's with 2 episodes a piece. I'm not sure on the extras front, but you wou;dn't have thought that much effort would be needed to translate the extras from Jap to English.
    Anyway, I'm really happy right now as I've just secure one of the very collectable Metal Boxes for my Evangelion set!
    I wish all animes had such good sets, though regarding the DVD 1 of evangelion, ADV should have gotten it right first time and not have to release a remastered unmessy version.

6. YokoburiKinura

Official date now is June 25th for the first volume in the US. Synch-Point says that doing the editing and subtitling for the director's commentary track was the main part of the delay.

You were able to afford one of the Champagne boxes? I'm so jealous! Then again, RightStuf might mix up and send me one of those instead of the black box, and then I'll have no choice but to make room in the budget...

UK wants a box for FLCL, too, so he's thinking a good way to go might be to get Paul Champagne to do a custom box. I think custom boxes are like $30-$35. Of course, those are under the old method he used on the Trigun and Bebop boxes.