Getting rid of some forums.

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by Nakoruru, Aug 27, 2003.

1. Nakoruru

Nakoruru New Member

I don't know, but it seems like some forums are negected, while other bask in the attention, and answering to many wanted forums, why don't we delete some of the forums that anr't being used as much lately and add in new ones? I think this could work, it would bring new people due to the new forums and new animes being listed, and people already on the boards will have something new to look at. People's requests could be filled so everyone is happy. I'm just suggesting also, that's why this is in the suggesting forum so don't yell at me please.

Edit: Also to find out which forums arn't being used, make a poll in which ones to keep and drop the two in last. Keep this poll for bout a month's top, so about all the users have an input...Suggestion! Don't yell at me.:bleed:

2. ~ Zack ~

~ Zack ~ Guest

Well the only forum that I see could go is the Reviews forum as it looks to have been left alone for about a month or so. The next closest is Fruits Basket which was only a week, and every other forum was posted in within that time. It might sound like a good idea but really what would happen is we might end up knocking off a favorite forum of people, people would get pissed and some might get overly-testy or some might end up in a position like me where they have little to no specific anime forums they can really post in which is a real downer, even though there are other forums like the Art, Writing, Debates, so on and so forth.

3. Sen

Sen Ero-ninja

anime, art, comcs, debates, fiction, manga, misc and support forums are about all we need. delete the rest :D

ah, and a new forum ENTERTEINMENT or something for movies, music and videogames..

[edit]forgot the RPG forums, they should stay too^^[/edit]

4. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

well, lesse, there ARE forums for music, movies, and video games, hell, it even spawned a square forum. all the forums here were demanded at one time because they were and are popular. although, they do get weeded out, some are asked back again. don't talk about getting rid of fruits basket. hehe it's been tried...there were a few casualties after that...

5. Sebastien

Sebastien Guest

The only forum I see that would be needed to get rid of is Nadesico. It stayed inactive for two months before people started posting again. Which was 5 to 6 posts.

6. Sen

Sen Ero-ninja

ehem, BB, read carefully what i wrote. I said, "delete the rest", this include the actual music, movies and videogames forums, then i said: "and create a new...."

7. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Chejo:

And Bloodberry's comment was that each of those individual entertainment boards receive a good amount of traffic, so why mash them together?

As an example, she brings up the Square-Enix forum. That forum came about because of all the Final Fantasy discussion that dominated the Video Games forum.

Your suggestion is to reduce everything to about 10 large forums. This can make it very hard to find specific posts. It wouldn't be nice to have to wade through 20 new Sailor Moon topics in the Anime forum to find the newest Tenchi Muyo post since I was last on.

I agree we should drop low activity forums, and we do so periodically. Then again, you never know when a wave of posts will bring that subject back into popularity (take a look at the recent re-added FLCL), so its best to make sure before pushing the red button.

8. Sen

Sen Ero-ninja

i'm happy with the way M2A is right now, but if it came to erase forums, thats the way i would do it.

and besides, do you think we need, for example, a Sailor Moon forum in wich every guy posts "what do you think of serena", "tuxedo mask, why does he attack with roses" or even more pointless threads like: "Wich is the right eye color for serena"¬¬

most of the threads in specific anime forums are vague, at least thats what i think:D

9. Sebastien

Sebastien Guest

Pretty shitty example if you ask me. Since I'm the Head Mod for the Sailor Moon Forum and there aren't any of these three threads. At least use a valuable example, or actually visit the Sailor Moon Forum next time before throwing useless babble like that.

- DeathSociety

10. Sen

Sen Ero-ninja

it was an example, and if you cant undestand that, then i have nothing to tell you;)

11. UFOtaku

UFOtaku Wachu loorkin at?!

*sighs, shakes head*

I do agree about the inactivity. I think we should give Fruits Basket a chance, though. ^^ Nadesico, ehhn, I dunno. o_0
    CardCaptorSakura has been really inactive, too... I think it should just be smushed into CLAMP section.

EDIT
    *realizes that that already happened* Well.... em, scratch that! ^_^;
    EDIT