Shirow Masamune Works Ghost in the Shell 2

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Ranmy, May 30, 2003.

1. Ranmy

Ranmy New Member

I hope this hasnt been posted before. :shy3::) Mamoru Oshii is finishing Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence. It will be in theatres next year (Japan), here's the poster.

I cant wait for the sequel!!! :anime: Its one of my favourite animes!

2. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

Finaly.. an Anime that ill be looking forward to seeing.. Been a while since ive been pumped to see a new anime..

Hopefully it will be as good and well drawn as the first one..

KAME

3. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

Oh I didnt know that there will be a sequel to Ghost in the Shell! Thats cool, but when I saw the poster the female lying on the ground doesnt look like Kusanagi Motoko. So is the sequel has the same set of characters or different characters with the same storyline?

4. Ranmy

Ranmy New Member

Supposedly it will continue from where the last film left off. But you said it, Motoko has grown up now. New body, new voice, i guess. :)

5. Zero Enna

Zero Enna New Member

OMG that's soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cool i mean a second one Sugoi Sugoi

6. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

yes and No??

Yes New body new voice and that stuff.. seeing how at the end of the first one she gets a new body of a litle girl.. But can she grow up.. Because she is a Robot after all.. And im not sure if the robot Bodies do any Growing..

KaME

7. Ranmy

Ranmy New Member

all information i got is from a website (and its not much). i just noticed that her body's different. so i guess we'll all have to sit back and wait till the release in 2004 :)

8. Tanuki

Tanuki the wizzard of oz

wow, i'm surprised everyone didn't know about this. i've been waiting for ages.... i'm an oshii freak.:D it's gonna be released around july 04 i think. and it's done by production ig again.
    The reason motoko doesn't quite look the same is because she no longer has a body at all. When she merged with project 2501 she became purely a creation of the net. so there's nothing to grow!
    this will also be the first love story that mamoru has directed.....
    that should be interesting.
    innocence doesn't take place in the same city as the original either.
    Oh and mamoru oshii's ghost in the shell features are entirely different creations to the stand alone complex series. So it's best not to think of them as the same anime...

oshii tried to make this an international anime, and one that women would like too. They've set up a huge distribution network, so hopefull this will be the first anime in my part of the world that i get the chance to see on the big screen:D

mamoru is also quoted as saying that he's be used new digital techniques that have'nt been done before. just like he did with the original.:D

9. Alucard666

Alucard666 New Member

i hope innocence will be great. i thought the first one was pretty cool, so i hope this next one will kick ***

10. MrTicky

MrTicky Guest

Now thats a must see, hope it comes to scandinavia..
    Wishthinking to the max tho :(

11. HeavyPowerMetal

HeavyPowerMetal New Member

GREAT!!!

I have waited for the second movie for a long time and I hope it will get here or else I'll break someone

12. Urei_Sama

Urei_Sama New Member

I have been waiting for about 4 years for this to come out and was starting to doubt its existence. That is what i get for getting a translated press release. It looks good. About 3 years ago i read something that they were making 2 versions. A cut "R" rated film and a more intensely rated NC-17 like film. I just hope it is good.