Shirow Masamune Works Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Izzy, Oct 17, 2002.

1. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Well, I just watched the first fansub episode of this series. And let me tell you, I can't wait for the release here! In my opinion, it's much better than the movie, keeping in more touch with the manga. The tachikoma look rather odd, because they're blue and aren't spherical, but whatever. Small gripes. The good part is that they even have "personality" which was not seen really in the movie.

I suggest that everyone keep an eye out for this one. It's already good.

2. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

You saw that movie right? And you know what is wrong with it right?? :sweat:
    Are there stuff like these in the series?? [if you knew what I mean :sweat:]

3. Mordeth

Mordeth Mordeth Vult!

I donmt'.. what the hell are you talking about?

the nudity?

anyway, i didnt know the series was even made yet.. excellent :)

*goes to dl*

4. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Well, it *WAS* a movie, and there were warnings on the label. :D Anyway, no, not too much, though Motoko does wander around base in her Tachikoma "beachwear" suit. But, nothin' too bad zanza. In any case, it's good, if you're a fan of GITS.

5. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

I just saw the first episode of the series and Its really great! I'm so excited that Togusa is in the series :D Togusa is the only human in the squad. Everthing is great in the series like the animation the character designs and best of all the story, but my only complaint about the series is Motoko's piece of clothing if you could call is that.

6. Mordeth

Mordeth Mordeth Vult!

argh, where did you all get this?

i want! :)

7. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

I downloaded it off of Kazaa ^_^ There are only episodes 1 and 2 available in kazaa. I was just wondering how many episodes are there ?? 26 eps ??

8. c0ke

c0ke New Member

Well good luck finding the future episodes of the Ghost... the things already been licensed by Bandai to be released in America, and they ceased fansubbing the episodes, thus only two episodes were on the net.

9. Mordeth

Mordeth Mordeth Vult!

those savvy bastards

10. Kinryuu

Kinryuu New Member

Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex

Has anyone seen the Ghost in the Shell series yet? HOLY FREAKING CRAP! Good stuff! If anyone can get a hold of this, I HIGHLY recommend it. The animation is top-notch, as you would expect. The plots for each episode are more or less "stand alone". But I have noticed some carryover from episode to episode, not unlike Star Trek. So, it's not like Eva or Babylon 5. The character designs are really great, also.

I've only been able to find the first 6 episodes, and I'm not sure if there will be more episodes or not. But it's a great series so far.

11. kyrie

kyrie New Member

ignorant

WHAT?? I didn't know there were more than 2! And I thought they were movies! Man, i gotta get with the program!

Ja Ne

12. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Standalone Complex is the upcoming TV series release. Like the name implies, most stories are standalone with very minimal or at least sub-normal follow-through to the next episode.

13. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

An excellent series, as it should be. If it sucked I'd be *royally* pissed.

14. kyrie

kyrie New Member

i can't WAIT to see it!!!!!!!! ^_^

Ja Ne

15. Kinryuu

Kinryuu New Member

stand alone complex

Well, I've watched the first 6 now. The first 3 are definitely stand alone (well... at least that's the indication SO FAR... who knows.) The next 3 are the beginning of a VERY cool story arc. At the beginning of the first 3 eps, it says "stand alone episode", and then the beginning of the 4-6 say it's a "complex". VERY VERY COOL.

The only problem is... now that I've seen 6, I need more eps to finish the story arc.... ARG.

16. kyrie

kyrie New Member

lol i truely hate that and love it with a passion. ^_^
    aahhh the anticipation

17. Zeon_Zum_Deikun

Zeon_Zum_Deikun New Member

It's supposed to be coming out here in America soon... says NewType Magazine. I'm a huge Ghost in the Shell fan, so it better hurry up and get here :D .

18. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Personally I can't wait to get my hands on the 2nd manga series. I liked the manga even more than the movie, and from what I hear the second manga series is amazing.

19. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

I've seen the first 5 episodes, but I dont see any story line to it. From what I see, in every episode something happens and they try to solve it. I wish that every episode has a relation with the next one. I might be wrong, because I haven't seen all of the series...

20. Kinryuu

Kinryuu New Member

Well, 4-6 have the "laughing man" arc. Then, I just got 7 last night and it was just an independent episode.