Music give me something to smash!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Music' started by That guy!, Jul 13, 2002.

1. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

Well it seems that internet radio is going down the tube, along with my own station Hitokiradio.

"The Librarian of Congress's recent (June 20th) decision on royalty rates upheld most of the CARP's original recommendations -- including royalty rates that exceed the total revenues of the industry!" ...
    "If the Librarian of Congress's decision is not vacated by Congress or the courts and if the RIAA doesn't offer a compromise "voluntary" license to smaller webcasters, most observers believe that the decision will effectively kill Internet radio, as the retroactively-owed fees would bankrupt all but the very largest Internet-only webcasters (and would probably trigger the shutdown of most broadcast stations' Web simulcasts, including almost all the educational and community stations )."

As well this royalty rate will cost quite a bit, and I think the station that I have worked my 4$$(!!!!!!!!!!!!!) off for a year will just be flushed away. There is a bit of hope, if you love internet radio and want it to stay and find more info about the ruling then got to http://www.saveinternetradio.org/

And I'm really sorry for venting like this ><############
    Also well at Live365, I may be able to keep the station but it will cost like $5 extra/month to pay for the royalties... I just really need to get my hands on a credit card and soon.

2. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

****ing Bullshit.. Man The goverment Wants Every God Damn ****ing thing they can make money off.. this is tottal bullshit..

**** i hate the capatalist..

kaMe

3. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

Oi, again I'm sorry for flaming there for a bit :( but yeah it seems that the government is controlling everything *hugs his precious midi's* Shouldn't there be freedom of listening??? and anyways Hitokiradio has nothing that is licensed here in North America! Well I think that The Pillows may be... but still I see Radio Stations to be like advertising certain songs, I mean if I had money and I heard a cool song on a station I would go and buy the album!