Movies Go watch Terminator 3!

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by neolight, Jul 2, 2003.

1. neolight

neolight Guest

I saw this movie and I love it! It is a nice follow up with the Terminator series. The action scenes are incredible. The highway chase rivals the one in Matrix Reloaded.

2. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

is it out on irc yet? :bleed:

3. blackmind

blackmind New Member

i havent seen it yet but i am going to soon it looks so kool but i dont really know the story of this one can u give me a summary neo:D

4. FireDragon_16

FireDragon_16 A Sionbosys Unit

Hmm

I've seen posters , and the trailor of it....
    when i was in the cinema i looked at 1 of the tv's and saw terminator 3 ... that cinema trailor thing...
    it looks cool ... but i went to " Cradle to the cradle "
    i think it was called that ..... Yet li was starring in it ..with DMX
    it wasnt that cool ... not much fighting going on in that movie...i thought it would be somethin like " The One "
    bah ...it stank! and still does!

5. neolight

neolight Guest

Ok...the terminator series go like this. The terminators were supposed to take over the world in the future and wiped out most of the world's population on judegment day. It was not until the hero John Connor would save the humans and won the war against the machines eventually. So the machines sent Arnold back in time to assassinate John Connor's mother in Terminator 1. That failed. And in Terminator 2, the machines sent a more advanced Terminator to kill John Connor as a child. But the humans sent the original Arnold back to protect him.

Now in Terminator 3, John Connor continues to live as an adult with no identity, no addresses, no phone numbers...and not really a war hero. But a female terminator is sent back to finally finish the job and prepare for judgement day once and for all.

6. Raven

Raven Fuhrer

it was really good but i think Arnold is getting a little old now, i mean he is 55 right now.

but the action scenes were really good especially the car chase.

7. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

T3 is almost pure action, and has some great sequences...

buuut...it really comes off as a repeat performance.

Terminator: A machine comes from the future to kill the mother of the future resistance. A man is sent to protect her.

Terminator 2: A machine comes from the future to kill the leader of the future resistance. Another machine is sent to protect him.

Terminator 3: A machine comes from the future to kill the leaders of the future resistance. Another machine is sent to protect them.

Bottom line, without going into too much detail is that T3 is an improved action remake of the 2nd, no less classic, but if you're looking for anything new, it doesn't have it to offer. But, if you're a Terminator fan at all, you'll likely see it despite what anyone says, don't deny it. :p

Oh, and Arnold looks very good for his age, btw. :)

8. Spike_86

Spike_86 New Member

I saw it, and in my opinon, it was a dissapoitment, there was to much humor in it, and also the ending is realley stupid, and the fact that there making a t4 is realley stupid, it never had that terminator feel either,

9. username

username New Member

!!

i was wondering how they were going to do the begining seens where they first appear. all i know is that when the girl shows up that was the best part to me. i thought the ending could have been better though. the terminator should have killed john that would have been exciting!!! i wonder if there will be a T-3.

10. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

I don't know if I want to watch it. I thought the Terminator series and Matrix films were all over-rated. I didn't watch Matrix until 2001 and it really didn't lift me off the seat at all. Reloaded, like the first film was alright but not what i'd call 'top notch' films. As for Terminator, it was pretty good especially two but it wasn't worth watching it the second time.

Speculation ponders above me whether I should waste my money and time on what may seem to be a sub-standard film.

11. Cynic

Cynic Guest

i saw it it was ok but if your not a terminator fan dont bother. i thought the first too were better.

12. Kamui

Kamui X//1999... best anime eva

ARG!!!!!!!!!!!! They should have cast the old John Conner from T2... he was sooo much better than the new John Conner!!!

The new John Conner was a wimp... the one from T2 was soooo cool, he ruled!!! they should have had the same guy play John in T3....

The T1000 from T2 was cooler than the TX too... there was something bout the T2 bad guy that mad him awsome...

But its good dont get me wrong...

Dude!!!! dont you meen T-4... were talkin bout T3...

OOO... you know there will it sooo set it up for a sequal...

13. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

I think Nick Stahl was a good John Connor.

Not sure if Edward Furlong (T2's John) woulda fit the part now.

In regards to Furlong, lol, found some interesting trivia on the imdb:
    Wonder if the Japanese girls will end up missing Ed in T2 just like Kamui? ;)

As for TX, the problem was how it seemed so much of a rip-off of the previous T-1000 unit. More like a T-1000 with a more flawed design.

What made T-1000 cool was the fact that he was scary. He had an evil sense of unstoppable force about him. He was also a very creative model past the original (liquid metal). The only new thing about TX was that it was a female model. And Kristanna Loken, while getting the robotic actions down, just wasn't scary. Was it me, or did Arnold's Terminator stand fairly good toe to toe with her, despite how obselete he was supposed to be?

14. Sesshomisao

Sesshomisao Poison Girl

That movie was sooooooooooooooooooo cool!!! ^__^
    I seen it twice now....still...love it...i give it 2 thumbs up!

Misao:D

15. Kamui

Kamui X//1999... best anime eva

Ed was just an awsome John Conner.... the other guy was a freakin wimp!!!!!!

He still should have been John in T3... i dont care bout where he was... or how he was doing in real life... he still should have been in T3...

He did stand pretty good against her...

But yes... the TX is a major rip of T100... the guy who did T1000 was awsome... T2 was just the best T movie eva... and there will never be another Terminator movie to rival its awsomeness...

Also... Why dont they make the bad guy obsolete???? Why they always having Arnold be obsolete???

16. Sen

Sen Ero-ninja

oh my god, its awesome! by far, the best Terminator movie ever, not to mention T-X:bleed: