Yu-Gi-Oh! God Cards

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Hitohiro, Mar 30, 2005.

1. Hitohiro

Hitohiro Angel of Wind

Being the good semeritan i am(coughs* yea right*), i checked the history and there's no thread for this so im gonna do it. We've discussed all of the cards in one thread and we've talked about the legenday dragons, but we have not discussed the bigger issue here. THE GOD CARDS!!! So, lets talk about them. Which is your fave and why? And if you've ever used them in a non-tournament duel, for fun, how did they work for you. I have a slifer(real), i dont do many tournaments though im starting to, but when i do it for fun, i use it some times. How bout you?

2. vonniesmile

vonniesmile New Member

YOU HAVE AN EGYPTIAN GOD CARD :eek:
    where on earth did you get it??? I want one!

3. Kaiyon

Kaiyon Grim Reaper

I have heard of the God Cards being made...but I dont think they're allowed in any form of play. Be it street duel, or tournament. And they werent that difficult to aquire. I only remember that Ra came with Dawn of Destiny Game. And Obelisk came in another game.

- Kaiyon

4. Hiro

Hiro Active Member

they have no plans to actually make them in the us but have them in english but were made by Asia. they are banned from U.S. play b/c they have no efect but i made an effect for slipher which is the exact effect that is in the show, but i post that later

5. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Another reason why you can't play the God Cards, is because of the many effects it has, and some people may not know if you're right or not.

For example, let's take "The Winged Dragon of Ra". Powerful card indeed, but it has many effects. First, it takes after the points of the three creatures that were sacrificed for it. you can also pay 1000 Life Points to turn your Ra, into "Phoenix Dragon of Ra" (or something like that...). An it gets loads of effects that nobody knows about.....

Besides, anyone with a real God Card would be too strong as soon as he/seh summons it, since they're imperilous to magics, traps, and effects. So only a monster with crap loads of points can beat it, and it's kinda hard to pull that off....

The only ones released so far, are the ones that come in the GBA game (Includes all 3, but with japanesee text on the bottom) and the one for X-Box (Looks real, except on the bottom right, it says "This card cannot be used in a duel".

Still, i think they should relese about 3 copies of each card, so those lucky lucky people can rule the duel (hey, that rhymed!).

-Seishin

1 person likes this.
  6. Hitohiro

Hitohiro Angel of Wind

OK, a couple things. One, there are alot, and i mean alot of fakes. there are even some in spanish. Two, there were actually about 18 copies of the real things distributed everywhere, but its very hard to find them, dang near impossible. Third, whether or not mine is one of the 3 of the real 18 copies im not sure of and i may never know. Forthly, Seishin your right on a lot of those effects. Fifthly, i got my slifer from my friend who got the other 2 cards in a set of three from somewhere. We use them in duels, just between each other, but we play that they can be affected by magic and trap cards, just to make it a little more challenging. Any questions.

7. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

I am kind of glad they don't allow god cards in tornament duels. It would be hard for an average person to beat them. Or for anyone.

So does anyone do the heart of the cards when they are dueling?

8. Seishin

Seishin Guest

If you mean that do we belive in both our deck, and our dueling skills while in a match, then yes. At least i do. I got some serious powerful cards in my deck!

-Seishin

9. Hiro

Hiro Active Member

with the deck i have now i know full well that i have the heart of the cards... this deck just feels good to use, it isnt amazing but it gets the job done (not all the time). But to tell you the truth Kenshin... all God cards are promos, there are lots of fakes but why care when the only versions of the god cards are ones without effects. The only fakes you will see are the ones that look like fakes. the ones in Spanish and all are real, but they are like the asian ones with english print... promos that have no effect. And there are tens of thousands of sets of God cards. The english one has at least 500,000 sets that are real, and the Japanese has about 1,000, b/c you cant use them. They are just made out to be very rare so that people will buy them. Personally... i used to have 5 sets of the God cards (all real: 2 japanese sets and 3 english sets).

10. Peachy

Peachy ☆liberal HMod☮

In japenese form there about 50 $online english versoin is easy to get...
    Just look in a magazine and it's 80 for all three of em. Personally i think useless, to much work to summon something that can be destroyed easily.

11. Kaiyon

Kaiyon Grim Reaper

I call it luck, but hey!

- Kaiyon

12. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Beliving in the heart of the cards, is hoping for the best of your luck. So preety much, your mind is just like Kaiba's. Right, but from a different point of view.

-Seishin

13. Hitohiro

Hitohiro Angel of Wind

I do believe in the heart of the cards and i have story that it works too. My little brother was dueling my friend and amazingly he was doing pretty good, but then he got pissed and left so i took over. well my friend had 6 cards in his hand and only like 3 cards left in his deck. i knew iwth my brothers deck there was no way i could beat him except for one card...... card destruction. so i close my eyes, place my hand on my brothers card, say heart of the cards in my hand and drew. i was amazed to see card destruction. i played immediatly. now since it was his turn and he couldnt draw, he lost. anyways, back on the god cards, yea, im really not liking using slifer that much anymore. its just a waste of space.

14. yakamashi

yakamashi New Member

there's at least 6 different places selling god cards here. but they're around $50.

but heh, i use that heart of the cards thing when dueling. sometimes it works, and well, other times, it doesn't. but it's just fun being in that 'zone'. ex. lets say your opponent has a magician of chaos, and you have no monsters or magic cards, etc on the field. you close your eyes, and your mind's in total darkness, with a light shinning on you, and only you. then it's like... 'believe in the heart of the cards....' keeps on ringing through your head. then suddenly, your eyes snap open, and your index and middle finger go to the top of the deck, and you yell... 'YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TAKE THIS!!!' while placing the card face up on the field, and it happens to be a kuribou. so then he demolishes the chibi, and you loose.

lol... that happend to me so many times.... including that very match. but, heh. it's the thought that counts.

15. manslayer

manslayer animatedbboywhatareyou

My friends tell me thatv stuff is nonfiction.Also then again it might work.Oh yeah does anyone know where I can get a blues-eyes-ultimate dragon for a good price.I'm trying to summon the blues-eyes-shinning dragon.hahahaha:cool: