Comics Golden Age of Comics

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Bloodberry, Oct 17, 2002.

1. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

back before there was any real and true comic market out there, there were comics with little to no inhibitions. (this was changed due to an evil book, but that comes later..thus bringing about the comic code auf doom)
    back then, superman was just a thought in someone's passing idol thoughts. it was a time of horror comics, detective, jungle boys, and the likes. anything was game as long as there was interest. and no super heros.
    this was the time of dc's original detective comics(where batman showed up for the first time at one point) and the spirit was in newspapers everywhere. nudity happened, innuendo was there too. violence was there, but not as much as one would think.
    then, after a kid had killed another kid, ppl realized that violence was real. and they needed a scape goat for it. tv wasn't as huge as it is now, so not everyone had that exposure. one woman "found the source" of the evil violence, and she wrote a book. in this book, she explained why comics are the source of all evil doings in the world. that the violence in the pages were realistic enought to give children ideas and to show them how to do it. thus, the comic code was born.

just a little rambling on the history of comics here, for those who wanna know. see, i did a speach a few years back, and am trying to remmber most of it. a point of interest here i guess...lol

2. artemis836

artemis836 Vampire Slayer

True, the begining of the end...

Personally, I have a hard time reading modern comics, the art relies to heavily on computer inhancements, taking away from the style. And there are just to many issues and spin offs to even think of getting seriouly into the hobby.

3. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

i think what most comic publishers need to do, is cut down on titles that go for the really long term. keep them done in little 5 book runs. then, ppl would grab them cause they'd be done quick instead of the "i need to read that one one day" air ppl give em.

yeah, spirit kicked ***...funny and violent at the same time...tho, his stuff kicked *** anyways...umm...ellis i think his name is...can't...think of it anymore...sigh