Movies Goldmember

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Deathscythe, Aug 6, 2002.

?

What did you think of theGoldmember?

1. Excellent

6 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Good

4 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. So-so

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  4. Bad

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Deathscythe

Deathscythe New Member

What did you think of the movie?

2. c0ke

c0ke New Member

I haven't seen it, but my friend said it's not as good as the first one or the second one.

3. Izer

Izer New Member

I'd have to say the Austin Powers franchise has run its course. Goldmember has it's moments but they've had to recycle an awful lot of material from the 2 previous films. Shame really, i adored the first two.

4. rei

rei New Member

i havent seen it and im kinda avoiding it at all costs because as izer said it, its run its course.. but my friend was an extra in it and he has some really obvious parts in it so ill have to see it for his sake.. i hope it not too bad, but i think the camoes alone will kill it..

*heart* rei

5. sailorvenus

sailorvenus 24 days to go...^^

I haven't watch the movie yet, but I heard it was good. Is it?????????:confused:

6. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

you know, I haven't seen it yet either, but some friends tell me its even better than the first two. so.. I guess I better watch it to form my own opinion.

7. sailorvenus

Me and my bro will watch it....We love the Austin Powers series...especially the 2nd one....:cool:

8. Lady Aoi

Lady Aoi Princess of Shirataki

I saw Goldmember for my birthday and I haven't laughed that hard at the movie theatre in a long time.

I hadnt seen all of the first Austin Power's movie (but had seen The Spy Who Shagged Me) before going. I definately liked Goldmember better then the second movie, though. IT may have been because I got to see it in the theatre with a very friendly audience, though...

9. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

actually.. I liked the second movie better... sigh. I thought Scott Evil's performance in Goldmember was sad.. anyways, some parts in Goldmember made me almost laugh to death. but parts such as the Star Wars rip off and the Jerry Springer show in the Spy who Shagged me were too good. I still like the tent shadow seen in the second movie, but MiniMe and Austin made me laugh so hard and seeing the guy's face who was looking was a classic in GoldMember.

I thought it was funny when Nigel Powers said that there are two things in this world he can't stand, people who can't tolerate other people's culture, and.. the Dutch. of course, being more than half Dutch, it was a bit offensive, to see GoldMember's behaviour, but its all laughs.

10. animegirllover

animegirllover New Member

Goldmember was good a little, but I haven't seen it.

11. Deathscythe

Deathscythe New Member

look its the Japanese twins

Fook-Mi and Fook-U......................................:D

12. sailorvenus

HAHAHA! I've watched it and I love it! It's hilarious. But I still think Austin Powers 2 is much more funny. :D

13. thunder dragon

thunder dragon dragon king

i watched the movie & it was good..but the first 2 movies were better...

14. Lord Van

Lord Van New Member

i thought it was excellent. A lot of humor. alot of gross humor with the japanese guys, and peeing in there mouths, but it was 1 foxy movie baby, yeah...

15. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

I liked it.

They said that this was the last movie, and honestly it felt like a fitting end. Sort of like it was Mike Myers way of saying "Well, we've had our fun and games. Lets just be outright silly and have fun with this."

The key is not too expect too much as its a second sequel AND a summer movie, which historically have been TOTAL crap with only a few exceptions.

But I genuinely liked this film. It was a nice little escape from reality. And I did kind of like how they kept drawing from the past two films for history. I dont know *why* I did, but it struck me as being just fine.

It's sort of like that last day of classes where you just go back and reflect on the good times...

16. The Jackal

The Jackal New Member

I thought it was hilarious (sp?)!
    All the movies are good in their own way.

17. Juliet0720

Juliet0720 New Member

i thought that this movie was hilarious! yeah they used some of the same jokes, but tahts what makes all of the AP movies so funny! at least i think so...heh but yeah...."i like gooooooooold" muahahahaha...that guy was great...."toyt like a toiger...jesh.." ^_^