Goten?

Discussion in 'Dragon Ball' started by Mordeth, Feb 22, 2002.

1. Mordeth

Mordeth Mordeth Vult!

i just caught DBZ on tv, and there was some junior martial-arts tournament on. thing that got me was.. trunks was eight years old!
    and there was some kid named goten, and gohan was grown up, and krillin had hair!!
    and android 17 was there too!

it said it was 7 years after the cell games, but this is the first I have ever seen or even heard of this episode.. I thought DbZ ended with the cell saga, and then GT began.

what exactly have I missed here, that 7 years have passed so quickly in the dbz universe?

2. Ak1t0

Ak1t0 New Member

Nope, there is one more major story arc for DBZ. and in my opinion i think its even better than the Cell games.

3. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

Yo, if they ended with the Cell Games, we'd have missed out on the Great Saiya Man! Did you catch that bit at least? That's one of my favourites. I believe that this saga, the Buu Saga, as it is called, is the final DBZ storyline. As for why seven years passed so quickly, it's just that nothing big happened then, I guess, so there's no need for seven seasons of nothing, you know?

4. GoT RiCe

GoT RiCe New Member

when did the "7 years after cell games" come out? for as long as i can remember the dbz (cell games) was on manga about 4 years ago

5. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

Oh I think that they skipped seven years until the Buu saga occured, although there are movies that I think took place within the seven years... I think the Brolly ones are examples of them.

6. Ak1t0

Ak1t0 New Member

The movies occur outside the normal DBZ timeline. They had nothing at all to do with the series.

7. Saiyanchild

Saiyanchild New Member

actually hun its android 18. krillins wife? when goku died and entered the tournament, well 7years past. gohan was 18, trunks was 8 (he was a baby in the cell saga) and apparently when goku was alive him and chichi had fun and goten, the son born after goku died was 7, so i hope that cleared it up.