Travel Guidelines for the Travel Forum

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Reisti Skalchaste, Apr 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

These are exactly the same rules as the previous moderator wished to have followed, just reposting them on my authority is all. Thanks to Neph for writing these, and for the work he's done in the past.

I'll ask that you follow these simple guidelines when you post in this forum.

This is a forum specifically for threads about travel to interesting places. For example, you might wish to post about...
    -A trip to another country
    -A trip to a famous landmark
    -Questions about places to visit in an area you will be soon
    -'Urban Exploration', which is looking through old, abandoned places like factories or old houses. Don't bother posting these without pictures. I doubt this forum will ever see a thread about this unless I end up doing something sometime.

DO NOT post about...
    -Places you dream of going, since these threads don't have much of a point other than "OHHHH I WANT TO SEE JAPAAAAAN"
    -Places like band camp. Uninteresting and nothing really special.
    -How you will be away for a week to travel. Report back AFTER the trip and tell us about it; this is not a "IM GOING FOR A WEEK KTHXBYE" forum.

Examples of good threads
    "My visit to the CN Tower"
    "My Honeymoon"
    "My week-long canoe trip along the Magnetewan River"
    "Urban Exploration: Abandoned Toy Factory"
    "Recommend places to visit in New York"

Examples of bad threads
    "I'm gone for two weeks"
    "I WENT TO THE DENTIST"
    "Grandpa's Farm"
    "Whats better Japan or Britain I need help choosing"

I would prefer you post pictures you took during your travel. Free hosting is abundant these days, with hosts like www.imageshack.us and www.paintedover.com readily available for your use. Please use image thumbnails in threads, to reduce loading times for dial-up users and give us a preview of a picture (clicking it gives us the full size).

Please take your time while writing. Tell us about the trip in depth. A good example is "While visiting Toronto I got to ride the subway. Once or twice the car smelled a bit funny, but it was overall really neat. It was fast and the price was alright. And best of all, it delivered us right to our destination: the Royal Ontario Museum!"

A bad example is "I took the subway and it was cool and we got to the museum and had pie and went home".

Thank you for your cooperation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.