Gundam Gundam Seed: Destiny [AIRING IN JAPAN/LICENSED]

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Hecate, Jul 11, 2004.

1. Hecate

Hecate New Member

A sequel to Gundam Seed,Gundam Seed: Destiny is due to premiere in October. It takes place 2 years after Gundam Seed (CE 73). A few of the characters from seed will return, like Athrun Zala and Cagalli, but it mainly concerns a coordinator called Shin Asuka who pilots somthing called Impulse Gundam.

2. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

Ah, so the rumours which have been on and off all year are reality now. That's good, the 1st season on Gundam Seed was unconclusive, I hope the second season will build on that.

- Shen

3. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

A new batch of Gundam models and pilots confirmed!

Check here (Pictures to come shortly)

It looks like Impulse will take over Strike as the main Gundam of the series with it's 4 alternate modes just like Strike

- Shen

4. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

Gundam Seed Trailer out!!! Here's the bittorrent link

To be honest, it's nothing spectacular... and it's only 14 seconds long ^_^. If you have a slow modem, I wouldn't recommend downloading it.

Anyway, here's a picture of Impulse Gundam
    [​IMG]
    Quite similar to Strike Gundam, except a bit more flashy colours. The pack it's using is called 'Force' which is basically the same as Strike's Aile type. Here's the pictures to all 3 packs Impulse will have in it's armoury:

Impulse
    'Force' Impulse
    'Sword' Impulse
    'Blast' Impulse

Additionally, Impulse.. or rather the pilot (Shin Asuka) has some sort of miniature plane which seemingly is part of Impulse Gundam and is also compatible with the 'Force' pack (Refer to pictures above)

Here are the other Gundams I mentioned in my above post... To be honest they don't look too appealling:

Saviour Gundam
    Chaos Gundam
    Abyss Gundam
    Gaia Gundam

There is little to no information on these Gundams and their corresponding pilots

Will keep updating

- Shen

5. Rurouni Shinji

Rurouni Shinji New Member

Any news about the storyline ? Is it true that the sequel will not so much focus on Kira ?

6. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

As far is things seem, Kira has not even been mentioned in the character lineup, though I am sure that he amongst many of the previous characters will make a return one way or the other.

As for the story... it's best if you watch the new trailer which is around 30mbs and 3 minutes long. Found here, click on the Gundam Seed Destiny: Zero Attack Promo link.

Enjoy

- Shen

7. ZakoSoldier

ZakoSoldier Zeon Commander

I am going to assume that it will quite a bit like Zeta. There are already a lot a parallels.

8. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

Well, If it is, I'm sure it will take it's own path somewhere along the story, as did the first Gundam Seed series did having been casted as a Z Gundam copy.

- Shen

9. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

Gundam Seed: Destiny, sequel of the first series is officially aired in Japan as of today. The fansubs should be around fairly soon, keep a look out.

Confirmed characters from the original series from viewing the opening theme include:

- Murrue Ramius
    - Andrew Barfett
    - Miriallia Haww
    - Kira Yamato
    - Izak Joule
    - Deakka Elthman
    - Lacus Clyne
    - Athrun Zara
    - Cagalli Yula Athha

Archangel, Freedom, Strike Rouge and the Astray gundams all made an appearance in the opening theme with Freedom clashing with Impulse, Kira vs Shin in other words. Izak and Deakka now pilot Zaku variant mobile suits. Andrew and Murrue are seen together... well, you can guess the rest. This is all from the opening theme don't forget.

- Shen

10. Badluck

Badluck New Member

I'm watching the fansubs and so far I like it.
    Anyone watching it. I just got done watching ep. 6
    (I loved it too much! :D )
    The first Gundam Series that got me interested.

11. ~ruby_zeal~

~ruby_zeal~ New Member

episode 6?! lucky. i only have episode 2 (havent even watched that yet) cuz all the other ones i downloaded are corrupt and cant play!! *hates comp very much at the memont* :anger2: :anger2: ive been dying to see it too. :(

12. Shiryuu

Shiryuu New Member

Ep. 9 was awesome, especially the way
    the new ZAFT weapon destroyed the EA's nukes. That orange Zaku was awesome too.

13. Badluck

Badluck New Member

I like ep. 9 alot. I'm on the edge of my set.
    Who is Mia Campbell? (a.k.a. "Fake Lacus")
    Does anyone have information about her?
    For what I saw of her in ep. 9, I think she is trying to
    make Lacus look bad. What do you guys think of her?

14. Shiryuu

Shiryuu New Member

She's probably just someone they're using to get all the coordinators together... propaganda.

I don't know much about her myself, just from what Ive read in other forums.

15. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

Destiny has got off to a decent start... I'm not too keen on the new models however. The only one I find half-decent is Gaia, but that's just a transformable rip-off Blitz. And have you ever questioned why Impulse's parts doesn't get shot down during it's transformation stage? I timed that entire sequence from episode 1 and it took around 47 seconds. Plenty of time for it to be disentegrated before it actually mobilises. Well, being pedantic, I'm sure it's all meant to happen in a few seconds.

On the fake Lacus Clye... well, seeing that Kira and the real Lacus Clyne (along with the previous cast) are going by fake names or have just concealed themselves to the public. Seeing how influential she was in the first series, the fake Lacus may have been brought about used to manipulate the public and indeed used as propaganda as Shiryu has suggested.

- Shen

16. Badluck

Badluck New Member

I really like ep. 13! :)
    I really like that Freedom Gundam is back.
    Who wants to kill Lacus? (and why?)

17. Shiryuu

Shiryuu New Member

Probably the same people who tried to crash the dead colony(forgot the name) to earth in the earlier eps.

18. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

Junius 7. Yeah I think that too, or maybe even by Gilbert himself as he can eradicate the real Lacus and use the one he has (Mia Campbell, who goes by his orders) without any interference.

Why? well, she has an aura around her when it comes to manipulation - probably not quite the right word... persuasion maybe. She is one if not 'the' most influential person in the series, hence Gilbert's use of the fake Lacus Mia Campbell to control his people.

- Shen

19. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

Gundam Seed: Destiny has been officially licensed by Bandai after 21 episodes of fansubs

Bit late on this, it's been a month or so since the announcement... but nothing has changed. The series is licensed.

- Shen

20. SteamedRice

SteamedRice New Member

Just recently purchased the last volume of Gundam SEED which is Vol. 10.. Well, it was a very dramatic ending, very satisfied.. Now, it is time for DESTINY.