Video Games .hack//group

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Novus, Aug 10, 2003.

1. Novus

Novus Gone

Which characters in .hack do you use the most (well, other than Kite, of course)?

I use BlackRose and either Gardenia or Sanjuro.

2. Fuuma

Fuuma New Member

*spoiler??*

I use BlackRose and Gardenia the most...lol they PWN!!!!!! funk the wavemasters n blademasters...well i do use mistral more than the rest also..

BTW *POSSIBABLE SPOILER* Mistral is not useable in the 4th game for some time bc she is pregnant!! i think...

3. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

I always use the dual TwinBlade team. ALWAYS. Two Bomb-ba-Ya in the first disc just rocked everything I came across. As a secondary though, I usually rely on BlackRose (since she's the prettiest ;) ) or Mistral for her spells. I don't really enjoy Mia or the others. MAYBE Sanjuro from time to time, because he has a cool green face. Like he got stopped in Jello.

4. miroku_monk

miroku_monk Guest

i always have blackrose and gardenia because there the strongest i have.:D

5. Novus

Novus Gone

I have a tendency to avoid Wavemasters. The only things they're good for can be done by other characters instead, but the others can attack well as well.
    And of course, Heavy Axemen are too slow, so I avoid them too, even though I think Piros is hilarious.

6. Nakoruru

Nakoruru New Member

You don't like WaveMasters, they're cool, I always use Elk since he's like Tsukasa and also Mistral, why don't you like WaveMasters?

7. Novus

Novus Gone

The fact that they burn through MP like mad is the major factor, but also the lack of physical attacking and the fact that once a monster attacks them, they're done doesn't help either.

Picture this scenario. You and one of the NPC's (let's say, a Heavy Blade, just for fun) are travelling with a Wavemaster and you trigger a portal. Three monsters come out, and battle mode initializes.
    You set the battle strategy to "Operation: Wonder Battle", and the Heavy Blade attacks one monster while you go to work on another. You instruct the Wavemaster to use magic attacks on the third.
    As you are waging war against your opponent, it seems that the other monster has managed to make it into melee against the Wavemaster. A logical course of action on his part would be to attack back. But no, what does he do? He tries to run away to cast another spell, but then gets whacked again while casting. This process continues until either you or the Heavy Blade have managed to defeat your opponent.

Scenario two: You and the Heavy Blade are again travelling with a Wavemaster. You get into another battle, this time against one of the big, scary monsters of the dungeon. There's a big elemental tolerance sign flashing in front of you in the monster's data.
    You set up a nice "Operation: Union Battle", and start to go all-out on the monster with your teammates, but then realize that the weapon the Wavemaster has equipped only grants spells to which the monster has tolerance. You have to stop having a good time smacking the monster to change your companion's equipment to another weapon, which is probably not as good, or you would have had it equipped in the first place.
    This scenario isn't really harmful to your gameplay, but can get annoying if you have to do it at every dungeon you go to.

Scenario three: You are fighing one of the Data Bug bosses, the ones you can't actually damage until you Data Drain them. You start to peck away at the boss's defences, but as the Wavemaster in the group tries her magic, she gradually starts to run out of magic points. Then you have to use an item, which can get finite at times if you didn't take the time to prepare before settign out.
    Of course, you could just let her stand there until they regenerate on their own, but then Scenario one happens all over again, and they die in the meantime.

Don't even get me started on the ridiculous idea of using two Wavemasters at once.

8. Nakoruru

Nakoruru New Member

ok, Novus, I see your point, but I still like WaveMasters, well, I guess I'll change my team, I'm not done with the game, so yea.

9. Novus

Novus Gone

Hey, if you like the Wavemasters, by all means use them. With that many characters, I personally would prefer to only use the ones I like. My point is that they just offer a strategic disadvantage. Hell, if BlackRose proved to be the weakest character in the series, I'd still use her.

10. Inu04Koga

Inu04Koga New Member

i really dont like wavemasters but eh...im all right with them...i like using sanjuro and black rose or sanjuro and moonstone.