Celebrations Happy (Canadian) Thanksgiving!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Reisti Skalchaste, Oct 10, 2005.

1. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

Yeah, we have it a month earlier than you silly amerians. :p Hope it all goes well for everyone, and that you have lots to be thankful for! :)

I can think of any number of things myself. I'm thankful that I have as many friends now as I do, that all I need to do, is log on, and know that there are people that care about me, that I am loved. Of course, this isn't just online, either. I'm glad of all of my friends, online or IRL, and the people who care about me. And I hope that all of you can say the same. :)

Not least of all I'm thankful I got to come back here. :p

2. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

Happy Thanksgiving! I'm having a great time, spent quite a deal of time with my family, and will be spending more time with family and friends this evening.

Have a great day, eh? Even if it isn't Thanskgiving day for you, then Happy Columbus day, and in Japan, Happy Health and Sports Day!

3. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

I had a scrumptious feast of turkeydogs and tang.

4. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

Con-graddy-milations. Nothing like Tang and poultry to express the true nature and joy that is Thanksgiving. Yum yum, :9

I gotta ask- American's celebrate Thanksgiving because of a traditional celebration started by the puritan pilgrams who survived a harsh winter down near Plymoth. They were thankful to still be alive and to have thier indian compadres to show them how to survive.

...At least that's what my first grade teacher taught me inbetween my bouts of stealing crayons and eating paste.

What's the Canadian reason behind the date?

5. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

Well, if ya checked the thread I made on ya'other forum, you'd know by now. :p

I was taught that Thanksgiving is a holiday we celebrate at the end of the growing season. We give our thanks for the harvest, for the bounty of the earth, and for the prosperity that (hopefully) found you in the past year.

And with me living in Alberta, which is getting rich over these high oil prices... :p

6. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

Point me in the direction of that forum, por favor.

[Edit]: Wait, nevermind. That says Forum, not Thread. It's harder than it looks going senile, you know.

~W

7. shinigami

shinigami The Dark Prince

happy Thanksgiving to all of you who's in Canada

8. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

Thanks all for wishing us a good thanksgiving. I'm thankful for the bad allergies that I have.. and the midterms too :p

Ditto with what Ciel said!

9. Orion

Orion Gears

Happy Thanksgiving to you all. Be sure not to party yourselves too hard. ;)

10. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

I gobbled a lot of turkey and now I'm stuffed. That about wraps up the holiday for me. ^^