happy to be alive

Discussion in 'Rurouni Kenshin' started by Zero Enna, Apr 28, 2003.

1. Zero Enna

Zero Enna New Member

what was to most touching word to you that kenshin has said
    "you can die at any time but living takes true courage"

2. Hitokiri_Gensai

Hitokiri_Gensai Gunslinger Girl

theres already a topic on quotes...

3. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

errr, the other quotes thread turned into a bit more of a chat though... I should put together some kind of rules thread for the forum ^^;;

But this is my specialty part of Rurouni Kenshin, I love the many philosophies within the series.

"You're wrong, Jin-eh. I might have been a slasher once but I'll never go back to that path again no matter what happens. I have a new world to travel now. And with the help of my friends, I'll make that journey in the sunshine, not in shadow." - Kenshin

It is really awesome how Himura could just turn away from a life of sin and become a great person who helps others. It helps me to realize that no matter how bad my life gets and know matter how sinful a person is they can always convert to become good. Especially with the help of friends.

4. Hitokiri_Gensai

"slasher"? dont you mean Hitokiri? hmmmmm theres a lot of philosphy in Rurouni Kenshin indeed. id say i liked the quote Jineh: "I will watch you from the flames of hell to see whether you can stay true to those words you speak. A Hitokiri will Always be a Hitokiri...."

i also like "Ookami wa Ookami...Miburo wa Miburo soshite Hitokiri wa Hitokiri...na Battousai?"

5. Zero Enna

Zero Enna New Member

I do not wish to hold on to that name any longer
    kenshin

A manslayer is a manslayer till he dies... remember that Battousai, ill be watching you from hell....
    jineh

there's no way i can run from my past but learn to live with it ...
    kenshin

those were the most touching quotes

6. Hitokiri_Gensai

i also liked You tame a dog with food you tame a man with money but NOTHING will tame a wolf of Mibu....

7. DistantSamurai

DistantSamurai New Member

god i know of one thats sooo awesome but i can't remember everything...its in teh ep where Yahiko first meets whats her anem the girl from the akabeko and kenshin says something about protecting...please help its killing me!!!:eek:

8. Hitokiri_Gensai

you must create a situation that fights one on one. But remember yahiko Kamiya Kasshin Ryuu uses that sword that protects. if you lose the one you are protecting will lose as well...

9. DistantSamurai

......thankyou! hehe it was totally bugging me i knew it was sooo touching but i forgot!

10. Hitokiri_Gensai

heh no problem! ^_^ i liked Hiko's speeches too.

Hiko: In the learning of this technique I, too had to take my masters life. Please dont consider this breaking your vow...

11. DistantSamurai

I love his speeches because in a way he reminds me so much of my sensei...only mine is of course much older than he is...probably like ten years older...but they share the smae qualities...

12. Hitokiri_Gensai

Hiko Seijuurou is only well ok not "only" 43 ^_^x; *laughs* whatta n old guy^_^

Hiko: I see. So after all, you are a man with limits here. You did not find what you lack. Incomplete as you are, mastering the succession technique or defeating the Shishio faction is meaningless. Even if you devoted yourself to defeating them, you could not defeat the Hitokiri who lives in your heart. Tormented by anguish and pain your whole life, you kill. *casts off his cloak* Instead of the succession technique, prepare for the worst. My final duty as your master.

Hiko: With the Buddha's benevolence you sacrificed yourself to protect the weak and those you loved. Left in sadness, they could not truly be happy. In the dangers of the age, in the passion of violence, quietly laying down your life is utterly insignificant in the ever- flowing passage of time. There is nothing stronger than the will to live . . . Never forget that. You'll be able to use the Amakakeru Ryuu no Hirameki freely and well. You won't lose to the Shishio faction or even to the Hitokiri inside you.

13. Hitokiri_Gensai

Kenshin: This tiny cut, and you’re happy? You are truly aren't great killer. *licking the blood from the cut* I believe this now, Raijuuta. Though you preach the killer’s sword, you’ve never killed before. Someone who had killed, who was a true Hitokiri, would never be so pleased with himself if he had not brought his opponent down. You don’t know the depths of the hell for those who carry the Hitokiri’s sword. In your ignorance, with your childish sword you have stolen kenjutsu from Yutarou. Prepare to pay for this crime!

14. DistantSamurai

I love that episode! alot of it was cut by CN and it pissed me off!

15. Hitokiri_Gensai

yeah...it was a good episode tho...Raijuta was kinda odd tho...

16. DistantSamurai

yes he sowed freedom for swordsman yet he destroyed a young boy's ability to learn...

17. Hitokiri_Gensai

yeah his aim was to spread Shinko Ryuu to the Japan. but by doing so he was destroying "play" kenjutsu

18. DistantSamurai

he would not have made a good sensie anywya...he fails in comparison to mine, Hiko and kenshin...

his strength his mighty but his mind and heart is weak...

19. Hitokiri_Gensai

maybe. his ideals werent very good and his priciple were as screwed up as Jineh's...

20. DistantSamurai

he fought for something that he did not carry in his heart and his mind...