Harry Potter Harry Potter R.I.P (maybe)

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Kain, Jun 29, 2006.

1. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

So its been all over the news papers over here that in an interview on the Richard & Judy show that JK Rowling hinted that she may end up killing off Harry at the end of the final book. She also said that ay least 2 really important characters ARE going to die in the final book, but weather or not that this is going to include Harry or not is still a little unclear.

The main reason for her killing Harry in the last book is that she doesn't want any different authers using her characters and try to resurrect her story after she has both finsihed the book or when she dies.

To be honest i thought that this was to much to give away and she should have really just kept quite and let everyone be held in suspence.

2. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

I see it from the other side though, she's just trying to protect what's hers. I mean, if I went from nothing to where she is today, I would do my best to make sure it's not diluted either down the road.

:)

Fame affects people.

3. Sango

Sango New Member

Maybe.....I agree though I think she should have held everybody in suspense instead of telling everybody all that info. I think she probably will kill Harry in the end, but I hope she doesn't. I mean, isn't that just the right way to end the series?

4. Hiro

Hiro Active Member

who cares if we know or not that someone might die... someone ALWAYS DIES lol and i think it creates more suspense in WHO will die... cause people will read it jsut to find out who dies just liek in book 6... its alll about the irony of it all lol....

5. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

She has hinted many times that Harry will die.

I could see why she will want to kill him off. It ties in with the shole Voldermort thing.