Harry Potter Harry Potter

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by CrunchySalmon, Nov 4, 2003.

1. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

Harry Potter 3 is out June 4. I'll be seeing it maybe on the 5th.

2. wing_goddess

wing_goddess Power User

heh, well i'm seeing the first showing at the best theatre in my area...so i'll be missing school to see it. heh, i know i won't be the only one since my friend and i will be going together, and i know of some other people who will be doing the same too:p too bad the movie is only 2 hours and 15 minutes long...that's so short compared to the other films:(

3. Dante

Dante New Member

Ga-a-ah, June 4th? That's too long of a wait, damnit. :p Though then again I already do have too many movies that I need to go see, heh. But, anyways... yeah, hope I'll be able to see this one around when it comes out. That'd be nifty.

4. immortalrin

immortalrin New Member

Yep-pee! I can't wait!! I've all 5 book so far and book 3 and 4 were my favorites! So I can't wait to see how it goes. I would like to say that the 2nd movie was a bore, hopefully, movie #3 will be much, much, much better then the rest!

5. KazigluBey

KazigluBey New Member

I liked the movies although the books were much better. (To any HP fans: I would highly recommend The Ultimate Unofficial Guide to the Mysteries of Harry Potter, it is very interesting.)

6. Devil May Cry

Devil May Cry New Member

I bloody hated the movies. But the better of the two was the first one though it was a bit soppy at the end.

7. Kagome's Arrow

Kagome's Arrow Princess of Unicorns

I'm with the majority here: the movies were all right, but the books were much better.

I am, however, interested in seeing the third movie, since Sirius Black will always be my favorite character (darn that fifth book...).

8. Basher

I didn't like the fifth book either. How could they? Poor Harry.

I am waiting for more on the forth movie if anything. It will be a two part movie I cannot wait. I think I have to wait until the june sixth to see the third. :(

9. immortalrin

immortalrin New Member

The 5th book did kinda suck, how could J.K. Rowling decide to do that??? Damn, poor Harry . . .

10. Kagome's Arrow

Kagome's Arrow Princess of Unicorns

Well, just saw this movie today (twice actually). It was certainly darker then the other two movies had been, but it almost felt as if they had just taken the most important scenes and thrown them together. The entire school year passed by in like, half an hour, and then they slowed it down for the end. Some of the more minor characters (Fred and George Weasly, Filch etc.) were barely seen at all, and what sucked the most was that Quidditch was basically absent from the entire movie (other then one two minute scene).

I liked the less childish feel of the movie, but I wish it had been better put together. *Shrug*, but that's just me.

And was this just me, or did the new Dumbledore just not quite live up to the previous one?

Edit: Oh, and I also heard they're getting yet ANOTHER new director for the fourth movie. Can anyone clarify this?

11. mangamonkey

mangamonkey New Member

The first two movies where mind wrenchingly bad, notice how chris columbus liked to use the wind machine every two minutes, look harry picks up his wand <wind> haryy sits stationary on his broom <wind> harry sits down <wind>

you get the picture

I have read the books, and I'm of the opinion that in the most part all books are 100 times better than their movie counter-parts. (who said that the LOTR books where bad I'll kill you, you <censored>)

I think the third will be the best so far (bye-bye chris)
    Although the studio'll be pissed after they bought that new wind machine specially for chris to use

The fifth book was the funniest/lamest piece of dross I've ever subjected myself to. J.K.R. suddenly realises she hasn't given harry a personality so to make up for it she gives him a sh*tty one.

and that ending...gakk!!

I wont write it here for fear of spoilage but that was bad

manga's based on the book, marbe it's worth a look

on an unrelated note:
    I hate novelisations of movies which are already books it makes no sense.

12. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Moderator
    Staff Member

best harry potter movie too date...
    I wuv buckpeak

13. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

I didn't like the third movie that much, cause there were a number of things that they left out and the worst of these was Harry's love interest in Cho was not included in the film. I mean she plays a big role in the next two books so she should have been included in the film.
    It's about time that they introduced the Fat Lady in the films (even though she was in the first film, but she wasn't played by Dawn Frech in that one). I guess since i've read the books i thought that the story moved to fast and this is one reason that i'm not looking forward to the next film cause i really don't think that it will work.

14. Basher

I saw the third movie. It isn't to bad. But I still liked the 3rd book better.

The best movie will have to be the forth. I think I heard it will be two parts.

Basher

15. Spiggy

Spiggy Freak of Nature

lol it would kinda have to be, wouldn't it! a book that thick is not going to condense into one movie...although they had a d*mn good try at it with the 3rd one :dizzy2:

i have to say i thought the 3rd movie was the best so far though - it was much more mature (if a little too fast) and gary oldman (sirius) was ace! :blush2:

16. Dante

Dante New Member

Eh, I think you must be hearing things, bud. :p Either that or I must NOT be hearing things.

I plan on reading these books as soon as I get finished with what I have of the Wheel Of Time series. I just sincerely hope they won't be as utterly tiresome and boring as Lord Of The Rings books were. :p *shudders*.

This third movie however is on top of my list however of movies to see (with Van Helsing right under it.. I mean.. a lot of people are saying it's bad... but c'mon, it's bloody Kate Beckinsale. :p And Hugh Jackman. Gotta see the movie just for Hugh with long hair, and Kate).

It's good to hear that things seemed to grow a bit more mature, and how appropriate since I was looking at screens from the movie and, bloody Hell, they hardly look like the same kids.

17. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

For **** sake Amon Sena read the books and then you'll see how badly the films were made.
    Thats the thing about the LOTR film, it's that the director stayed totally true to the books, infact reading the books and then watching the films makes you appreshiate the films even more, which is not very common when it come's to thes books converted into films.

18. Yasuko

Yasuko I beg your pudding?

I've read all the books, and I must admit I enjoy them a lot.

The movies... eh... they're fair. I wouldn't say they "suck," but they are nothing compared to the reading! I mean, I just saw the third HP movie. It was overly rushed- they left out tons of things. I can't imagine how rushed the rest of the movies will be, considering the books only get longer and more complicated!

19. Dante

Dante New Member

Oh... I'm so sorry Kain...

I regret to inform you I don't lower myself to the stature of insignificant pissants who go to see a movie to whine and gripe about how it's nothing like whatever it was supposed to be based upon. :)

See, unlike many people nowadays, I go to a movie to try and enjoy the movie.

I can understand if this is a concept you find hard to grasp, and for that, I feel deeply sorry for you.

My apologies that I don't find a strange, sadistic humor in tearing a movie based on a book apart because it's not verbatim and one hundred percent precise or accurate. :)

Please...

Forgive me.

20. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

Well Amon, if you don't intend on lowering your self to the being a "insignificant pissant" then why read the books, cause by the end of them your just going to see all the cracks that were in the movie's.

PS - your forgiven ;)