Harry Potter Harry Potter

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by CrunchySalmon, Nov 4, 2003.

1. Dante

Dante New Member

Ah, I see, yet another style of the old trade that you seem to have forgotten; reading a book to enjoy it. It's unfortunate you find these concepts hard to accept and appreciate. :) Hell, I bet you must've been absurdly disappointed after seeing The Shining and Fight Club movies. :D

If you've ever, you know, went as far as to read those books.

2. wing_goddess

wing_goddess Power User

Hey, chill you two! Both of you apparently have your different opinions. so what? Everyone is different and that's to be expected and should be respected. So both of you judge the film in a different way. Whoop dee doo! the world will still rotate, but don't say something to some one else like "**** sake Amon Sena read the books and then you'll see how badly the films were made." <---that could have been said in a much nicer way. Don't make Harry Potter get to you that much.

3. Meaikoh

Meaikoh See you later, Moderator

I've actually just been to see the third movie, and I think that it could have been better.

Although I'm working under the assumption that the people replying and reading this thread have seen the movie...

*********************SPOILERS AHEAD.***********************

The story did move incredibly fast. At one point, Hedwig was the transition. They simply made her fly across screen back to the castle and suddenly it was winter. There were some fantastic moments. I think that the casting for Remus Lupin and Sirius Black could have gone better.

This isn't to say it doesn't have its good points. The beginning was full of emotion for Harry (ouh...he kicked something) and my favourite part would have to be when Hermione shows a little spirit (Bam! Smack! Right in the kisser! :p).

*********************END SPOILERS.*************************

I'll have to agree with Mangamonkey on the whole novelization of films based on books; I find it absolutely ridiculous.

4. wing_goddess

wing_goddess Power User

i saw the film recently and i have to agree with meaikoh that the casting for Lupin and Sirius could have been better. it would have been perfect if Johnny Depp was casted as Sirius. now that would be a film i would see more than once! gotta love Johnny. Anyway, the film also went to fast. i wouldn't mind it if the film was longer. Hell, i sat through Lord of the Rings, i can sit through anything. oh well, right now i'm just hoping for the DVD to make up for it.

5. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

I think Sirius character will progress better. My opinion he did do fairly well.

Face it people most books are better then the movie. The only movie I liked better then the book was the Green Mile.

So far the release dates for Harry Potter 4 is Novembor 2005. I read a press release. Warner Brothers are hoping for November 18th, 2005. Considering the kids are still young the film will probably be released in 2005. Hopefully not 2006. There isn't anything on Harry Potter 5 considering WB only bought the rights to the first 4 books.

Last year when I was wondering about the movies it was pretty much on the money.

Nothing really of interest on the sixth book yet. J K Rowling had a baby so she took time off from writing.

6. toeskater91

toeskater91 New Member

i like the movies.
    i liked the books better but the movies are okay.
    i kinda wish i hadn't read the fifth book cause of what happens.
    i like the 3rd movie the best.
    the most visual effects of all of them.
    i thought the third movie was good.

7. username

username New Member

!!!

I own 1 and 2. there both good but i think 2 is better cause more action. Number 3 isn't bad though, i've seen it twice. It was worth it.

8. wing_goddess

wing_goddess Power User

*glares* Pick on some one your own size...leave the children out of this. if you want to kill harry potter, you have to kill me first! SO COME ON! BRING IT ON SHINRYU! I'LL GLADLY TAKE YOU ON HERE AND NOW IN FORUM LAND! *takes out her wand* en gard

9. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

Are you two done?

Anyway, mangamonkey isn't right about what he heard. Christopher Columbus did use a lot of wind but at the right times. Movie 1 he had to show something special when Harry got the wand. If you all remember correctly like I do he had a warm feeling when he got it in the book. The light, music, and wind was all part of the special effects. Other scenes involved Harry on a broom stick. Moving in air at a certain speed does create wind or air movement. The Second Movie the quadditch match, and Harry nearily falling out of the car is good scenes to use a wind machine. I did watch the second movie a few days ago and I really didn't notice any unessariy wind.

I think most of us agree that the fifth book was kind of upsetting. I for one will still read the sixth book in hope he-who-was-killed will come aback alive. But I doubt J.K. Rowling would do that it would give false hope to kids. :(

BTW, if you are having a wizard duel don't you normally move three steps and then start?

10. Kagome's Arrow

Kagome's Arrow Princess of Unicorns

Nope, hate to break it to ya, but he's not coming back, or at least that's what J.K Rowling stated in an interview. Sucks too... he was my favorite character!

So anyhow, does anybody know who'll be directing the fourth movie?

11. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

I apologize, I said some things I regret earlier, and, though I do dislike Harry Potter for reasons I no longer remember, I believe my dislike can be communicated in better, more constructive ways. Anyway, the unwanted comments are gone now.

Heh, I haven't even read the books or seen the movies, I just know that I started disliking him about 4 years ago, and I can't remember why.

As to you, wing_goddess, I don't wish to kill Harry Potter, at least not when I'm not ranting about about how much I hate him. I do not wish to fight with you, nor anyone else here. I simply wish to voice my opinion. I will keep my hatred to myself unless I can back it up with solid reasons. As for my hatred of Harry Potter, I will keep it to myself until I either remember why I started hating him, or actually read the books (likely never).

If, after you've read this post, wing_goddess, you still wish to duel me, then I suppose I'll have to oblige you. Private or public? (Over private messaging or on a separte forum) I look forward to your peace desiring reply.

12. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

Harry Potter Prisoner of Azkaban question:
    I don't get why Harry's godfather was all angry saying I'm gonna kill Harry! and then when they find out the other dude who really betrayed Harry's parents was still alive, the Godfather dude went all nice and said he wanted to live with Harry after and such.. did I miss something? fell asleep somewhere? I didn't get it, can someone enlighten me?

13. Meaikoh

Meaikoh See you later, Moderator

Sera:

Well, this isn't really very spoiler-ish, but Harry's godfather never said he was going to kill Harry at all. It was Pettigrew he wanted, and everyone thought he wanted to kill Harry.

14. mangamonkey

mangamonkey New Member

to all people concerned: i didn't hear anything, i was making a joke :sad:

and i have to say i was really surprised by the third movie, i was expecting a really bad movie just like the first two

But this new director knows what he's doing, if only he could make the next one a little less rushed it would be almost perfect

15. KaYasha

KaYasha I'm Boelak Yrubron

I have read 4 of the books havent read the 5th yet,But I thought the movies were ok i didnt think they suxed...Its very hard to make a movie 100% based on a book.Because in a book while your reading it you make your own movie in you head and when they movie comes out to the book you go see it and you want it to be 100% like the book when its not you get all mad beacause it wasnt what you whanted to see you whanted to you the same thing you saw as your read it.

16. Hyoga

Hyoga New Member

I like the first movie better.

17. jakotsu chan

jakotsu chan Nevermore!

the movies are Ok, but the books rock!!! i read the fifth one in 2 or 3 days *nuff of my bragging* ive seen all the miovies, exept for the prisinor of azkaban. i do have to agree with most of you though, the books kick the movies arse. oh, i also thought the second movie was good.

18. Kitoky

Kitoky New Member

I love the books and I enjoy the movies as a movie. I don't want to critisize the movies.