Saber Marionette Has any one heard when the rest of the SMJ series will be released?

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Ardis, Oct 8, 2001.

1. Ardis

Ardis New Member

Does any one know, when the rest of the series will be out? I e-mailed Bandai Entertainment about it and got this reply.

Bandai Entertainment will begin releasing Saber Marionette J Again on DVD starting January 2002. We are also currently working on Saber Marionette J-X, so please forward to the DVDs sometime later in 2002. For more information later, please check out www.Bandai-Ent.com. The DVDs will be sold at Suncoast, Tower Records, online at Amazon.com, and other anime stores.

Sincerely,

Fansupport

I still wonder about two things, one I can find the second DVD of SMJ Again at www.suncoast.com and the way this e-mail reads, it makes it should like SMJ Again is ready, but is being held back for some reason.

2. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

What I had first heard was that J was going to be released this year, with J Again, and J to X to follow... Actually, I also got the hint that some of the series would be delayed in order to produce R...

In regards to Bandai-Ent, I haven't been able to find anything lately...the site is in need of serious updates...

And lastly, I could find SMJ Vol 1 & 3 on Suncoast, but for J Again...only VHS so far...

Since both the original and J Again have had official English Sub/Dub releases, the time required to re-work them for DVD shouldn't have been too long...So I do believe Again is being held back, finished, but waiting until the public has had a chance to pick up the most recent Collection 3...

J to X, however, may still be a while...

BakaMattSu, just another year...then he'll have a very *big* excuse for a DVD player...

3. Ardis

Ardis New Member

4. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Okay, this would be suncoast's error, and maybe somebody should notify them...

In this case, the DVD they are attempting to showcase is SMJ DVD Collection 2 (They just messed up the titling and screenshot), and this probably explains why only colelction 1 and 2 show up on a search...

It's all evident in the description they give, the storyline is from mid-SMJ, plus at the end:

"Contains 8 episodes on 2 discs!
    Approximate running time: 200 minutes"

(A little impossible, when you realize that J Again is only 6 episodes long in its entire length!)

Actually, none of Bandai's distributers seem to have the correct description for collection 3 anyhow...it contains the exact same description as collection 2, the 8 mid episodes...

Hope this clears things up (and doesn't dash your dreams of getting J Again on DVD this year...)

BakaMattSu, SMJ on DVD - rock solid GOLD, baby!!

[Additionally: I *really* don't think Anime is their strong suit...Check out the description for SMJ DVD collection 1 - Anyone heard of this cool new anime I wanna check out that Megumi Hayashibara does a voice for? It's called "Ranma 1/4"!!!]

[This message has been edited by BakaMattSu (edited 10-10-2001).]

5. Ardis

Ardis New Member

i see the errors on the web page, and so on.
    the only thing that would dash my want to get SMJ Again and SMJtoX on DVD is if bandai drops them.

6. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

They better not!

BakaMattSu, wants his J to X dag-nabbit! (And he use dthat word so he wouldn't get censored!)

7. Lady Aoi

Lady Aoi Princess of Shirataki

This may just be rumor, (I think it is so lord knows why I have posted it) but I have heard January 2002 for SMJ to X....

*grits teeth*

I WANT IT NOW!

8. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

Is SMJ to X licensed in North America yet?

If not then you can always look around for fansubs....I know for sure that 1-10 exist fansubbed(I've seen em').

9. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Oh, it's been licensed for quite some time now, just never been released...

Nakimori Productions (when it was still a translation/subbing group) started work on it, and produced up to ep 15 before it became licensed - therefore making the fansub no longer "legal" under fansub terms...

We can hope, we can dream, and we can also go nuts until we finally see a release!!

BakaMattSu, trying to restrain himself...but failing...

10. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Just a quick update, after seeing Bandai-Ent actually put in a release date update!

Look for J Again to release vol.1 on DVD January 8th, 2002....

No more J releases slated up to the end of March tho' [​IMG]

BakaMattSu, maybe that's for the best - maybe by the release date of J to X I'll have some cash...

11. Lady Aoi

Lady Aoi Princess of Shirataki

T_T

I wan SMJ2X....... ;___;

*bawls into Hanagta's bow*