Paranormal Haunted places in your area.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Chance, Jun 11, 2006.

1. Chance

Chance Admitted Pokemon Fan.

Anyone have somewhere close to them that has been refered to as haunted? Near where I am, there's the Norwich Hospital which is said to be haunted and my friend john keeps trying to drag me with him to break in at night and check it out. xD

2. Peachy

Peachy ☆liberal HMod☮

Eh, the Blacksher House or something. There's like blood all over the walls where some gothic kids kiled themselves or something. I spent the night there ^.^

3. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

Books have been written about it. Seriously

We are gentle, we do not delete your content.
    You can find them on Amazon.ca, just search for "Alberta Ghost Stories" by Barbara J Smith! Act now and recieve a 10% discount! :)

Disclaimer: Advertised 10% discount is not valid in any way, shape, or form.

4. KaYasha

KaYasha I'm Boelak Yrubron

Its a little bit away but not far. Eureka Springs, Arkansas. The Cresant Hotel. Lots of stuff happend there. Look it up!

There is this Light Orb someplace by Joplin. You drive on this raod and a light will go in your car and .. blah.

The nearest place is well.. in my town. " Witches Bridge.." It is kinnda stupid though. People usually go out there to have drug deals and such..

5. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

Not sure how good this is.

UND is haunted sweet.

Grand Forks, North Dakota
    University of North Dakota. There have been several sightings of the ghost of a girl, usually without legs, floating up one of the tunnels that connect Wilkerson Dining Hall to five dormitories on this campus. In 1988, three students saw her apparition in the West Hall tunnel. They described her as about 5’5" tall, with short dark hair, wearing a nightshirt. In December 1962, before the tunnels were constructed, a young coed froze to death about sixty feet from West Hall. It is thought she slipped on the ice while trying to make her way to the dining hall at around 2:00 AM.

Others:

Grand Forks - Altru Hospital - The staff elevator makes several runs per night, often empty. Many staff members have claimed to have seen the elevator open on their floor and caught a glimpse of a figure inside, Strange, unexplained shadows set off the door alarms in the psych ward. When seen on video camera, the shadows appear to slide under the door and reappear on the other side.

Grand Forks - Lake Agassiz Elementary School - In the auditorium of the school there have been reports of giggles and basketballs moving by themselves. There have also been strange nauseating odors, which come and go. The piano has been heard playing at night when no one else is in the building. The ghost of a little boy has been reported as being seen.

Grand Forks - St. Ann's Nursing Home - This building used to be a convent for nuns. It was left vacant for years and people have seen a figure of a woman in the bell tower windows. It has recently become a nursing home and the bell tower is sealed off from residents. The figure is presumably Sister Mary Murphy, who through herself from the tower in 1978.

Grand Forks - United Hospital - The staff elevator goes up and down at night in United Hospital. No one is in the elevator, but it continues to open at random floors. Sometimes, a person is seen inside the elevator when the doors begin to open, but when they are completely open, the person disappears. It is said to be a woman that died in the hospital.

Grand Forks - University of North Dakota - An apparition of a torso of a young girl accompanied by electrical problems, TVs and lights shutting off and a girl without legs has been seen floating in the West Hall.

I didn't know any of these heh.

I know of two more homes excluding my own for it was torn down that are haunted. Also 1 school now an apartment building.

6. Cherrygirl

Cherrygirl Cherrylicious!

When I was little I used to think my upstairs attick was haunted...But I had really good reason to think so!! It would randomly open and slam shut and it was really loud! it scared the bejebus out of me!! later I found out that whenever the front door was opened, a draft would come in and open it up (it was one of those really light attick doors on the ceiling that opened upwards which is how the wind blew it open)

Anyway, people say that one of the old old houses in our Heritage Park is haunted by some lonley old woman...but I think it's just to get more people to come to the park to make more moola :p

7. catscan189

catscan189 New Member

We have the Lighthouse Inn, where a bride was rumored to fall down the stairs on her wedding day, and we have that lighthouse in the middle of the river, where the owner was said to jump off after his wife left him for a sailor or something. You don't know about those, Chance?