Paranormal Have a superstition?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Chance, Jun 13, 2005.

1. Chance

Chance Admitted Pokemon Fan.

Well, many people have little superstitions they follow, whether for luck or for the future. Tell us what you believe in, even if it makes no sense.

I believe in tea leaves, bloody mary(never even had the guts to try), 4 leaved clovers and fortune cookies!

2. Rokuemon

Rokuemon New Member

I don't believe in any divination like that, or horoscopes, ghosts UFOs, you name it I dont believe in it, but I can't stop thinking that if i dont watch the progress bars when I'm burning a CD that it will coaster.

Im like sitting there staring at the screen willing it not to coaster *sweat drop* hardly moving or brething until it says successfully burned.

(My PC has a history of coastering and i've tried everyting, I think its a memory thing... but thats another forum.)

Idiotic, and I know it doesnt work but I cant help it. Is that superstitious? Its kind of like that anyway.

1 person likes this.
  3. luvweaver

luvweaver Ad Jesum per Mariam

rofl! :p well that was funny.

Altho I'm very religious (or precisely for that reason), I have no superstitions. Well I could mention the use of Holy Water for blessing, altho being an organized religion custom, I wouldn't call it superstition but tradition.

4. Peachy

Peachy ☆liberal HMod☮

I believe in bloody Mary,Turn off the lights and do it just have a extra person man... And when I was at school and me and my friend Mike were walking around poles I would get so ticked because I think you'll get bad luck if you split the pole..Im so weird

5. Yossarian

Yossarian Yossarian Lives!

black Cats crossing path...

thats about it.

6. Hitohiro

Hitohiro Angel of Wind

I'm religous though i do believe in horoscopes. Some good luck and some bad luck, and i havent believed in this for a long time but i have something about lickitung if anyone is curious?

7. yakamashi

yakamashi New Member

i guess i have a few... never clip your nails at night, never whistle at night, when sleeping, never put your feet towards the door, hide your thumbs whenever an ambulance passes, don't stick your utensil upright in your food, and... i guess ghosts.

... i usually do all those things though. :sweat2:

1 person likes this.
  8. Peachy

Peachy ☆liberal HMod☮

Im in some big freggin trouble is those are for real. I always clip my nails at night..when else? i point my feet towards the door when im sleeping because My bed faces that way..and i no longer can move it(damn cheap stuff) :shy2: :anger: :anger: :bleed2: :bleed2:

9. Star Princess

Star Princess Haters are retarded.

I have quite a bit (being of both Irish and Native American descent :p), but I don't want to list them all. I don't believe in tarot, horoscopes, spell casting, or magic potions. It's all nonsense.

10. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

I'm skeptical of em, but I remember the day that I found out that I was accepted into the professional years of my program I went to eat out at an oriental restaurant and my fortune cookie said "your future job will be in the social services".

I do believe in things like ghosts, aliens, and demons. I think it was from watching some religious documentary my brother got a hold of when I was younger which freaked me out to this day. I even had night terrors when I was younger, and some times around exams.. but those are psychological due to stress (or are they? :p)

11. toeskater91

toeskater91 New Member

i believe in 4 leaf clover, don't walk under a ladder, horseshoes for luck, and breaking a mirror brings 7 years bad luck.
    those are the only ones i can think of but i do not believe in the black cat thing

12. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

I have fish at home and everytime the fishtank gets an even number amount of fish, 1 will die... sometimes 3. The tank always somehow remains odd. It's strange but for the past 12 years I've been a fish hobbyist and for our tank, I can't go to even numbers otherwise some will be scarificed. My family belives in "Feng Shui" as well

- Shen

1 person likes this.
  13. luvweaver

luvweaver Ad Jesum per Mariam

IIRC, the mirror superstition was derived from fortunetellers who used a mirror to see the future. If the mirror broke, it mean that the mirror "didn't want" to show someone's future due to the tragedies that awaited him. So the mirror broke instead.

As you see, beliefs get distorted pretty bad with time.

14. me_dreaming_zzz

me_dreaming_zzz ¯\(º_o)/¯

I feel that if i dont pray at night, i will have bad luck next day. Dont know why.

1 person likes this.
  15. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

Superstitious? Not really. I think most are to teach a lesson and some aren't.

Walking under a ladder- You could hit it and it could fall on you.
    Black cat crossing your path- I could see that about a skunk. Unless you tripped on the cat.
    mirror broke 7 years of bad luck- I think we all have broken a mirror before. Seven years of bad luck whatever there.
    Bad Luck- people need something to blaime for their problems.
    Bloody Mary in the mirror- Just dumb and it scaries kids. I have done it and nothing had happened to me.
    13- Just a number.
    Four-leaf clover- have yet to see one unless you count lucky charms.
    Holding your breathe while passing a cemetry- I think it is a resepct thing but would need to check.
    Anything considered lucky- I believe you can make your own luck.

I really don't buy into fortune cookies, horoscopes, tea leaves, palm readings, and etc. I think they should be just for fun. Tarrot cards done the way they should be just leaves you to believe whatever your mind wants you too. It's like a question you have answered and dives into there. Your the one who comes up with the answers not the cards. They just guide you.

16. ~ruby_zeal~

~ruby_zeal~ New Member

i believe in karma: what goes around, comes around

17. Orion

Orion Gears

Hmm... Well I do believe in Aliens. I mean, we can't be the ONLY life-form in this universe! Also I believe in Good Luck, not bad. Also ghosts, because I have seen one first hand (I used to live in a haunted house!). So yeah, that's basically it. Oh and by the way, 13 is my Lucky number! Why? Because 13 stiches saved my Grandma's life!

-Ian