Creative Writing Heavens and Hells.

Discussion in 'Written Arts' started by Phalanx, Jul 24, 2006.

1. Phalanx

Phalanx Long Live M2A!

Well, now that this peculiar title has sufficently grabbed your attention:

I got an idea for a potentially....(I guess some will call it)...blasphemous story. I've always been a self-taught history nut and have had a tendancy to write about battle and the such. Well, while listening to Diablo 2's ActIV music, I got the idea to write about the struggle between heaven and hell (after all, what greater and more complex story can be found).
    After brooding over the idea for a couple days, I decided to start looking up characters and figuring things out. The Angels and Demons do seem to have specific roles and deeds that can make an interesting tale, so I followed through with setting things up.
    I already wrote a brief "garden of Eden" part, and will post that if anybody finds this interesting.

I would like to make a note tho that this isn't my interpretation of the bible, religion or whatever. I just want to create a story.

2. Chance

Chance Admitted Pokemon Fan.

Are you looking for people to help you write, or infact write it? I dunno, it's still early for me. Heh, I shouldn't be awake..

3. Phalanx

Phalanx Long Live M2A!

I'm looking for feedback. What people think about this idea and possible comments and observations about the story.
    I do also have some problems (more like reluctances) that I would like to run across you all. For starters, it is particularly awkward reffering to God as "the Essence". If anyone could recommend anything different, I would be happy to listen, thought I will admit that I am reluctant to use "Yahwey" and "God" for some reason seems a lil blah.

Well, with myspace back online I can access half of my draft. Let me know what you think:

In the beginning, there was one Essence, that which gave rise to all that would come after it. Because of this, this essence knew all that is, was, and was to become. All the possibilities that could ever exist were known to this Essence; it is by this way that the future is predestined, and yet, those who partake in it have free will.
    Before the existence of the universe, this Essence gave rise to the Eldar Angels. These angels, archangels, sarims and highangels never lived mortal lives and were gifted with significant portions of knowledge.
    With this assembly of caretakers, the Essence created the universe and all that was in it. Only a matter of days to the Eldar Angels spanned many legions of mortal years as these beings used their knowledge to will into evolution the all that spread throught the universe. As a last deed, the essence of life and portions of their own knowledge were given to the dirt of a world. These humble creatures that came where to be the apex of concentration for all the heavenly beings; and they would also lead to, and help fight the great wars that would result.
    The Angels came to these first two creatures, their splendor was so great that they were all deemed to be gods. The humans cherished them, but made no mistake in seeing who was the greatist when the Essence took form and met the humans.
    Many of the angels cherished the first human couple, and the greatist of those who loved them was Sarim Metatron. He would spend much time with them, sharing lore and knowledge, visions and hopes. It was around this time that the Essence decreed that the humans should be kept innocent of the free will which was given to the Eldar angels. Some of the angels were aghast at this, esspecially Sarims Metatron and Chorozon. They submitted their case for free will to the Essence and the Archangels arguing that such a deed was imprisonment of the mind and a restriction on the full beauty which the universe had to offer. The Essence refused to submit humankind to suffer if it could be avoided, and many of the Eldar angels sided likewise. Those of the Archangels who didn't side with this decree were the Arch angels Lucifer and Baal. This seed of discontent was noted by Archangel Raphael and he shared his troubles with the Notre Dame, and the Essence. Though no action was taken, Raphael took it upon himself to penetrate the minds of those two, seeking to head off any trouble that might stirr.

4. Lance Leingod

Lance Leingod The White Blade

I can help with the names. Try the "Creator" because I'd think it'd sound better. It was used for "the god figure (you know what I mean) in all belifs" in the show called Fallen. I really liked it although I didn't see all of it :sweat:

About this little introduction, maybe you should replace some names like Lucifer because even though in the bible the Devil's name is Lucifer, its not so in other belifs. I would think it would be better if the name wasn't from another belif. Although its going good so far and I'd like to see more :D