Hellsing Hellsing Mangas

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Jaken, Jul 8, 2004.

1. Jaken

Jaken Coin Locker Baby

Does anyone know when the rest of the Hellsing Manga series is planned to be released? (I Know the first two are out, I'm not sure about the third.)

2. Dante

Dante New Member

The third is already out, I just got it last Tuesday (and it is currently my favorite seeing as we learn a bit more of Alucard AND we get to see him at his most sadistic :)).

I'm not sure about the others thought you can try and keep updated with Dark Horse's site (I don't remember off hand but it's probably something simple like www.darkhorse.com).

[EDIT] Note, I just checked and Dark Horse has the fourth volume marked at release for September 22nd [/EDIT]

3. Jaken

Jaken Coin Locker Baby

Okay. Sweet. Thanks for the info. I'll keep my self udated. . .i really should have thought about checking out their website e.e;;; Thanks again.

4. raziel's death

raziel's death New Member

where do u guys get your mangas. other than internet. b/c i can't find at stores.

5. Jaken

Jaken Coin Locker Baby

I get all my manga at my local book stores. Out where i live there are two major book stores, they are all over the US. Barns and Noble and Borders. They have a Whole section for graphic novels.

6. Dante

Dante New Member

I usually go to the Suncoast in my mall, or at least I used to. Though recently I've been going to Walden Books when I discovered they had a huge manga section (which they even have listed, in alphabetical order, backwards ;p). Was the only place I could find Hellsing #3 and the first two Angel Sanctuary.

7. raziel's death

raziel's death New Member

Thnx guys well would figure i did not go to barns. lol

8. jordanuk223

jordanuk223 New Member

I live in England and apart from online there is only one shop near me that sells them (and that is not exactly in my town centre). So for UK fans find a shop called The Last Picture show I think there's about three in the UK! They sell a pretty wide range of Manga books and regularly stock the Hellsing titles. I've not actually read any of them yet but if you like the series would you recommend reading the books?

9. Jaken

Jaken Coin Locker Baby

Yes, if you liked the Anime, you should read the Manga. The Manga is more in depth, into the story's plot/Charecters etc. Also the Manga is made by the original creator and only him, so he has more fun, adding side humor as in most Mangas. Its worth it.

10. wing_goddess

wing_goddess Power User

How many Hellsing mangas are out? I went to all the stores i know in my area that sold mangas to see if they had any but it was either sold out, or the store was closed :anger2: I could have checked my library, but i would have to make a hold on it and the book would be all worn out...and for some reason people like ripping pages out. So how many are out and could i get a rough price on how much one would cost. i COULD go search on the internet myself...but my computer is too slow, and i'm lazy. Yes.

11. Dante

Dante New Member

There are currently three of them out. Dark Horse's site marks the fourth for a September release, however someone among the members (don't remember who) said that someone else said it has an August release date, so I dunno.

12. wing_goddess

wing_goddess Power User

Here's some info i found on a second season of Hellsing...

Well they're more like rumours for now...
    ____
    The author of the manga (Kohta Hirano?) wasn't pleased with Gonzo's animated version of Hellsing and so he won't let them do any more. So there won't be anymore Hellsing anime...from GONZO at least.
    ____

and the other...
    ____
    Gonzo originally had plans to release more but only when more of the manga was out so they can work with THAT material. Then i also heard the opposite of this as well :anger2:
    ____

i really have no clue if any truth is in them. I've heard people mention the first part quite a bit about the creator not being pleased with the anime.

The show ended with too many unanswered questions for me... Like why is Intergra locked up after she did so much for her country? What happened afterwards, and so on so forth...

I'm sorry, i'm not good with endings like these.

13. jordanuk223

jordanuk223 New Member

Well to my knowledge the fourth Hellsing manga IS out in September, but I couldn't say for sure after all these things can change.

14. Notason89

Notason89 New Member

HellSing manga

I wanted know (for those have read the mangas) the shot story at the end of the book, (I think its called Cross Fire) I just wanted to know if Kohta Hirano (thats the ceator) is going to make in its own manga. The one that shows the Section XIII Iscariot side , with killer priest and splite presonality nun. I just wanted to know.

15. Jaken

Jaken Coin Locker Baby

I don't know if he will make a seperate manga out of the Cross Fire story. The shot story is probably just for some background info, and maybe will lead into the main story plot, in the future.

UPDATES
    Just checked out the DarkHorse site for dates and. . . .

Hellsing Volume 4 Is set to be released on September 22, 2004
    Hellsing Volume 3 Is set to be released on December 1, 2004

(something to put on my christmas list in December XP)​