Help! Anime/Manga ... I'm Lost As To Know What Is Good or Not ...

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by Seiri, May 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seiri

Seiri New Member

Yay, my third post (aren't I special, lol). Well, time to get down to business :eek:

I have been searching up some Manga and Anime that might possibly be a good investment. The thing is I can only choose two Manga right now and one of those spaces is already filled with my now-beloved Chobits. I am most likley able to choose one or two Anime as well, if I choose one I will most likely be able to get an extra manga, but I don't want to start too many at once, so this is going to be a hard decision. I was wondering if anyone can tell me what they think about these if they have in fact come into contact (as in read/saw it). I just want to make the best out of the money that I spend considering that I am a litthe short on the $moola$ :eek:

MANGA:

Clover

Aoiumi no Sashimi ( Sashimi of the Blue Sea) - - I heard this is a real cute one about a mermaid ...
    Beast Mast

Chotto Gomen Neko

Crest of the Stars

Joshutozoku Aratamekata Hinagiku Kenzan

Masami no Kimochi

My Home Mirano

Okami Nanka Kowakunai

Peach Girl and Peach Girl: Change of Heart - - Don't really like the art, but it seems like a good story for the high school girl, which ugh, seems to be my cup of tea because I just so happen to BE a high school girl, but I tend to also want a more complex story line as well ...

Vagabond

Uzumaki

Ragnarok

Angel/Dust and Angel/Dust Neo (what exactly is this about? ... I like the art, but that's not the main thing that I look for, although it does add some +'s)

ANIME:

Princess Mononoke - - Almost guranteed for me to buy because technically even though I haven't finished the whole movie, it's almost like my first anime and it was just so lovely ... the art work and the story line was good, too.

Spirited Away - - I so want to see this! It seems so great ...

The Animatrix - - Been downloading the first few episodes, but I might wait to get other animes before buying the dvd.

The Castle in the Sky - Seems really good, not to mention, isn't it by the same person as Princess Mononoke? Correct me if I am wrong.)

Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind - - This one I'm sure is by the same one as Princess Mononoke ... I don't know if it will be good, but I heard it kind of goes with Princess Mononoke ... has anyone seen it?

Porco Rosso - - I'm still searching this up, but seems interesting.

Grave of the Fireflies - - I really want to see this one! Has anyone been able to? If so, could you kindly give me some more information about it?

Lain - Seems interesting!

Metropolis - At first I wasn't interested, but I want to search it up more.

Kiki's Delivery Service - - Seems cute, but I don't know ...

Perfect Blue - - I've heard some good and bad about this one. I know that there are some certain scenes in there that I would probably find a little ... uhm ... intense is the way to put it, but from some reviews that I read, it was supposed to be really good ...

Some of the titles in Anime also are manga, if you have read those, I'd also like to be able to see what those are about if you would recromend them. If there is any good manga/anime missing from this mini list, it would be greatly appreciated if you can point a poor little n00b in the right direction! Thanks so much, this is greatly appreciated so that I can become A Manga/Anime Freak! Mwhahaha

*The N00B*
    Seiri

2. Solo

Solo New Member

Spirited Away! its the best anime movie! i love it so muchies! and Princess Mononoke too! they ish my favs...otherwise i dunno :sweat:

[edit] BY THE WAY! Princess Mononoke,Castle in the Sky,Kiki's Delivery Service and Spirited away are by the same dude! he's great ^^[/edit]

3. Seiri

Seiri New Member

Thank you Solo for your input! I will put all those on my list and make sure that I watch them :p I already seem to like this dude so maybe I'll research him up a bit more, find out all the films he has made and watch them all.

*The N00B*
    Seiri

4. Solo

Solo New Member

ahh he is great. by the way,his name is Hayao Miyazaki. in case u didnt know ^^

5. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

seeing from your list...

Manga:

Ragnarok ( Only one i've heard of to be honest )

Anime:

All works by Hayao Miyazaki ( Director behind Princess Mononoke, Nausicaä valley of the wind etc etc. )

- Teddz

6. Seiri

Seiri New Member

Thank Teddz!

I spent about 2 hours last night looking up Miyazaki and the other people at that particular company and came up of a list of 9 (not all with him, but most of them his or that he's been a part of, including one that isn't out until it looks like Summer 2004).

My friend is letting me borrow Princess Mononoke tomorrow! Yippie!

Thanks for your input,a nd yeah I don't know how to PM otherwise I have been interested in Oh My Goddess! just forgot to put it on there. Maybe you can volunteer some information
    ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.