Saber Marionette Help! Did Luchs and Tiger sing?

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Nephiel, Feb 5, 2005.

1. Nephiel

Nephiel New Member

I tend to spend quite a lot of time properly tagging my MP3s, and I got 2 songs from Saber Marionette I'm really confused about. Let me explain.

The first one is the 5th track from the first CD of Saber Marionette Best, "Enrai (Distant Thunder)". Nearly every place I visited on the net says that the singer of this song is Yuuko Kawai :confused:. Right, there is a seiyuu called Yuuko Kawai, and she does sing, too; but Luchs' seiyuu in Saber Marionette is Yuuko Mizutani.

The second song is "Kaze no Uta wo Kikinagara" from Saber Marionette OVA Original Soundtrack CD2 (track 8 is OVA size and track 19 is the extended version), and also track 14 from Saber Marionette Best CD1. Tiger's seiyuu in the series is Urara Takano, but this song is listed in most websites as if the singer was Urara Kanemaki.

Given the fact that all the rest of the vocal songs are sung by the same seiyuus of the series, I feel inclined to think that these are just spelling mistakes. But I'm not sure because a lot of websites (radio-streaming sites, personal collections, auto-generated playlists and TV tome, among others) list these songs with the "wrong" artist...

I could clear out my doubts simply reading the back of the CD cases, but I can't read Japanese (yet ;) ).

Someone can help me? I would sleep a lot better... :dizzy2:

1 person likes this.
  2. luvweaver

luvweaver Ad Jesum per Mariam

If you can get the seiyuus for all characters, then maybe...

BTW have you thought about Baiko and Tama's seiyuus?

3. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

It would actually be fairly easy to check. First, copy the names, in Japanese, from the back of your CD case. Then, watch the ending sequence for J or J to X, since J Again has the credits in English. Look for a collection of characters that match. If it helps, find the Katakana writings for Tiger and Luchs. (Ti-ge-ru, and Ru-ku-su), and look for those. If you find a match, then you know it's right. I'd check myself, but I'm lazy. :p

4. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

I can confirm that your sources are correct with Urara Kanemaki for "Kaze no Uta wo Kikinagara". I was also very convinced this was a Tiger track. But Bandai-Entertainment's official DVDs have credited Kanemaki as the performer. The name must be just a coincidence (or perhaps it was planned, who knows). I've attached a quick screen cap of the song in the credits from JAgain episode 5.

However, as roman characters are the best I can understand, and with only one song appearing in the Japanese credits for the SMJ episode containing Enrai (and my bet is on it being "I'll Be There", as the title is three characters instead of the two I would expect for "Enrai") - I cannot confirm who sings that one. Trying Shinryu's suggestion might do it. After the first finding, I'm inclined to think Yuuko Kawai performed it.

Attached Files:

5. Nephiel

Nephiel New Member

Thanks for your help, everyone :) but now I am even more puzzled... I've been researching a bit more, and I've found something else.

I'm pretty sure that the song "Senmeisen no Maria" (track #9 from SMJ Best CD2) is performed by Lorelei's seiyuu, Yuri Amano. For some reason, my file was tagged with "Miwako Amano" :confused: and this time, I found no seiyuu with that name in the net, so I'd bet this one is a spelling mistake.

Also, the song "Anata wo Zutto Mitsumeteru" (SMJ Best CD1 track #3) was tagged as "Araki Matsubara" (also unknown). The closest name I've found is "Yuki Matsuura", who is not a seiyuu but a singer, and indeed it seems she was the singer in that song. So I was wrong when I said:
    But looking at all of this, IMHO the others are mistakes, too.

Baiko's seiyuu is Ai Orikasa, and she performed the song "Kage ni Nare" (incidentally I must say I like this one a lot). Tamasaburo's voice belongs to Maria Kawamura. I thought about her when looking for that unknown "Araki Matsubara", but it turned out she wasn't.

Oh, well. I've been thinking for a while about rewatching the whole series, and now thanks to Shinryu I have an excuse to do it :)

6. Reisti Skalchaste

Actually, if you can find out when Anata wo Zutto Mitsumeteiru was sung in the series, it'd be awesome. (I don't think it was, though)

I figured it might have been an alternate opening/ending theme that they decided not to use, but...

7. Nephiel

Nephiel New Member

I've copied down the name of each seiyuu in kanji, and compared them with the back of the CD and the credits from Saber J. According to the CD, the vocalist in "Kaze no Uta wo Kikinagara" is Kanemaki Urara. The 2nd and 3rd kanji can't be seen very clearly, but the first one matches the "Kane" from Kanemaki, so BakaMattSu was right. The names of the main characters matched too, but that was all.

However, I'm sure I have somewhere a version of the OVAs with the credits in japanese... I'll try to find it.

I'm very picky about it: if a file isn't properly tagged it won't be added to my library. But I'm beginning to think I should tag all of these with something like "Saber Marionette soundtrack"... and then get some sleep :sad:

8. Reisti Skalchaste

Hmm... I don't use MP3s much. They're just too frickin' big! I just stick with my cds. But, that's not the issue here.

I don't think Seimeisen no Maria or Anata wo Zutto Mitsumeteiru are sung by any of the seiyuus. Enrai, on the other hand, I think, was sung by Hayashibara Megumi. *checks* Nope, I'm wrong. The characters look a little similar to those for Hiramatsu Akiko, but, they don't match. So, Enrai probably wasn't sung by one of the seiyuus either.

9. Nephiel

Nephiel New Member

Gee, you know what? I discovered "japanese-googling" by copy-pasting kanji in the search bar. This did help me A LOT :). In fact I've uploaded this little page with the revised tracklists and some other info. If you see any errors, please tell me!

I hope it helps everyone else ;)