Anime Help me identify this anime.

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Phalanx, Dec 17, 2009.

1. Phalanx

Phalanx Long Live M2A!

Okay, this is all I can remember about it since I saw it early one morning a number of years ago. I'm sorry it's so little to go on, I can barely remember it myself (only fleeting images) but any help would be vastly appreciated:

- I believe it was a short movie on cable TV for starters.
    - The artwork was nearly in the same "highly detailed" style as Ghost in the Shell was, though I can't confirm for certain if it was drawn by the same artists/company.
    - It had subtitles in English, but was originally in Japanese. No dubbing!
    - The main character was a tall businessman with big eyes and a black pony tail. He ran into some trouble and was being attacked by a horde of spirits/demons. In order to keep him alive for trial (by what looked like gods, about five or seven of them), there was a samurai/priest that came to keep him alive. I particularly remember that they were camping in a blizzard and the samurai/priest was fighting some spirit out there and succeeded in cutting him in half with his kitana.
    - Eventually, the businessman and the priest arrive in an open room where the god like figures are. Aside from the floor, the characters and some adornment around the area, everything else surrounding them is black. The god-like figures are tall and towering (prolly about 20 feet) and they are staring down, listening to the priest talk and act as a lawyer. Meanwhile, the businessman is looking around and touches a mirror. The reflection comes to life and begins to talk quickly and almost psychotically. If I remember correctly, the mirror image is telling the truth about all the things the businessman has done who's filled with horror at this image spilling the beans.

:blush: and that's all I can remember. I had to go to school so I had to turn the TV off.....

I know this is very little to go on, but it is a rather unique story (I think). Thanks for at least reading and giving it a go.

2. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

The whole god thing sounds familiar but that is about it. I got nothing. Sorry.

Only good thing I can think of is not many channels show anime.

3. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Can you recall what the exact (or approximate) year was, or what cable network/station it was broadcast on?

4. Phalanx

Phalanx Long Live M2A!

It was broadcast during the spring of 1998. I believe it was on HBO, but I am not as certain about that as I would like to be.

5. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

What time period was it set? Modern? Feudal Japan? Futuristic?

6. Phalanx

Phalanx Long Live M2A!

WTH, I swore I responded to you BMS a few days back.

It's set in the present or near present. There's nothing futuristic in it but there didn't seem to be a need for high-tech gear in the story.