Computers Help Me!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Quistis, Apr 13, 2003.

1. Quistis

Quistis New Member

Ok, I am going to take a bat to my computer. This past week all I have had is my computer go crazy, because of these stupid adds that pop up all the time. I have downloaded stuff to get ride of the adds and it is working so far, but now my computer's sound is gone. THE SOUND IS GONE!!!! How did this happen. I am so pissed!!! Does anyone know how to get my sound back???

2. Quistis

Quistis New Member

The speakers are on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JESUS I AM NOT THAT STUPID!!!
    The speakers are turn on and they work. We try the speakers with my cd player and they work, so it is not the speakers.

3. Quistis

Quistis New Member

OK, um, no that does not work. OH F***. Now the computer is saying I have no cd drive or cd-rom burner WTF!!!

*bangs head on table over and over*and says: Why-me?-why?-why?

4. Quistis

Quistis New Member

OK, um, this computer is new. I got it the day I joined M2A which was in March. My friends say the sound card is out of place, but I can't open the computer and find that out because I will break it. This all happend when I downloaded 1. a online game 2. eAnthology( to get ride of adds) 3. some stupid POW! thing (to get ride of adds)

Another thing: the speakers work and are plugged in, but the computer says I have no speakers or CDrom drive or CDburner.

5. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Sounds like a screwed up Motherboard. Take 'er in.

6. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

ROFLMAO. The *best* part about this, Onionbrow, is that your current title is "Please Don't Spam as I Have." Great stuff. Man, if I wasn't tearing up from laughing at the moment, I'd beat you over the head with a Nerf bat.

However, SOMETHING's fried in your computer. The fact that it *might* be shoddily put together could attest to your drives not working. As in, your power cables falling off, or where they actually connect to the motherboard. Or, like your speakers (and in reference to what Nephilim said), your whole motherboard just keeled over, and has its legs in the air with crosses for eyes. In other words, dead. You may have just received the computer this past March, but if was built for you by some chap or friend of yours, chances are those are the problems that come with the computer. Then again, Neph's not having good luck with Dell either...(sorry Neph).

Get someone who knows about computers (in REAL LIFE, not troubleshooting through m2a and the net) and have him/her check your connections. But, if the speakers are plugged in, and they're turned up, and all of that, something fried and fizzled out. Also, please *please* check your audio settings. You may have just muted your speakers. If you want to know how to do this, just go where onionuser18 told you to go, uncheck mute, click on advanced and see if "mute all" isn't checked either.

Oh, as a finality, this belongs in the Otakutech forum. It'll be moved in ANY case, so whoever and whenever mod moves this, please edit this out of my post. Danke.

7. Quistis

Quistis New Member

ok, um, this computer was made for me and my familly by Staples it is a Proteva and I can't believe in 2 months the thing is going down.

*bangs head* I swear one of these days my computer will work, ONE OF THESE DAYS!!!!

8. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Then bring it to Staples! I mean, it's the weekend, you can get it there, wait a few hours, and HOPEFULLY have their techs, if they HAVE any, repair it for you. Or refer you to someone who can. Now, unless you haven't been treating the computer right at all, whoever built that computer did LESS then a piss-poor job of doing so. Or, was just plain damned and unlucky enough to put a defective motherboard in there. Either way, that sucker's gonna have to go to the shop, get herself a lube-job, some new spark plugs, and maybe some new vacuum hosing. Meaning, send her IN! If there's so much crap going on with it, it can't be a simple problem that any of use on the 'Net can just up and fix. Now, it's only been two a month, right? Well, most warranties only cover 90 days, so you still have time, SEND THAT SUCKER IN. NOW. TOMORROW. BUT THIS DAMN WEEK. DO IT. All the talk in this thread ain't gonna help you out, unless we can magically transport ourselves into your living room and actually take apart that computer.

And even then, I'd rather send it in to the company under warranty. And that's because we got people over THERE who repair crap like that for a living. Didn't your computer come with manuals and numbers you can call for troubleshooting? They usually do, if you bought it complete. Ask our familials, or even just look around the room. They should be there.

9. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

10. Quistis

Quistis New Member

Thank You

I am going to take it in, but this mean I will not have a computer for a couple of days, because last time I went to Staples they took 2 days to fix my old computer. Thanks for the help and hopefull soon I will take it in. I have to get my dad to do it , because I don't drive yet, and he is super busy, so hopefully I can get it in soon.

11. Lex_Diamonds

Lex_Diamonds New Member

Yeeeeeeees, well, one hypothesis is that the ad programmes you downloaded damaged your registry.

12. Ryokos_hellyen

Ryokos_hellyen New Member

takeing a bat to your computer isn't going to fix it lmfao

its just going to upset you more lol

13. Ark

Ark Praise Judas!

I recommend a full fdisk, format, and reinstall :D

Short of that...

1) Right click My Computer, on your desktop
    2) Choose Properties
    3) If you run Windows XP, click on Hardware, then click on Device Manager (If you run windows 98, just click on the Device Manager tab).
    4) Look for something that says 'Sound, Video, and Game Controllers'. There will be a plus sign next to that. Click it.
    5) There will be a list of things under there. Tell us EXACTLY what appears there (post a screenshot if you can), so we can see what kind of sound card you have, and if there are any obvious issues.

With that info, we can do a little more for you than just vague ideas.

- Ark

14. Quistis

Quistis New Member

????

ok, I will try this.

15. Quistis

Quistis New Member

here is what I got

Attached Files: