Current Affairs Help on Immigration Issues

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Engel, Jun 6, 2006.

1. Engel

Engel New Member

Okay, so I find this ridiculous in a sense, but who am I to speak of when it comes to somewhat-political-related issues?

My Uncle and Aunt divorced about two or three years ago and was heartbroken. But really, who wouldn't be when your wife leaves you on Thanksgiving to run off with another man? I would be, even though it would be the other way around obviously for myself. So things went onwards... my relatives got divorced, went through the whole shinanagyns; debate over who gets what, especially the children, and whatnot... Aunt decides to go to school to learn better English and to be an RN/LPN.

My Uncle however got married with another woman after happily courting with one another in China... Funny thing is, when she applied for Immigration to America (mind, my Uncle is a legal citizen of the United States), they rejected her saying that even though the paperwork was all correct and whatnot, the MARRIAGE was fake...

So now we're dealing with this kind of (*censors word*) and how the heck are we supposed to prove that they are married?!?! When I heard of this, it was balony. My parents are trying to get me into writing a letter of some sort, but dearest me, I don't know how to go about this... >_<

2. Lance Leingod

Lance Leingod The White Blade

Why in the world would they say that the marriage was fake?!

I don't know anything of how people get into the USA but they shouldn't reject someone just because they thought the marriage was fake, that just doesn't make sense to me.

3. Engel

Engel New Member

It was exactly how I felt, as long as my family members-- it just seems so utterly STUPID for them to think that-- but the secondary issue is how we are to prove that they are joined together. Obviously, the marriage license was nothing to them. >_<

4. Lance Leingod

Lance Leingod The White Blade

Is there any other way to prove that they are married?

5. Engel

Engel New Member

That is my problem.

My Mother told me to write to them about emotional issues that occurred when my Uncle's first wife left him, and about how he moved to a different city to have a fresh start, in addition to his visiting China for his wife every month or two.

His daughter was taken into custody by his first wife, and now lives in China because his first wife didn't know the language that was taught to her daughter when she was being taken care of by my grandmother...

Other than that, I don't know how I am able to weave all this in... And I don't believe that any of this would be of any help.

I've already begun looking for information that would make it seem more legitimate to the authoritative eye, but... It's just hard for me to... Most of it talks about the requirements, and I cannot find any that the couple does not have...

6. Hiro

Hiro Active Member

marriage certificate... thats all thats needed and a verifiable certificate at that... including dated records of when they were married and the state holder (marital binder aka priest lol) that should cover it as well as marriage license if it doesnt then you need to contact your state legislature or senator and complain....