Japanese Help!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by danti, Mar 23, 2006.

1. danti

danti New Member

hi i aint to clever wit the whole language thing at all an i kinda need to know wat the japanese for some things are and i have looked every where for them can anyone help me

what i am looking for is the words for homosexual and hetrosexual its for tattoos and i was wonderingwat is the equivalent ?????

2. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

Babelfish isn't perfect, but if you're only translating a word or two it should suffice. You will have to spell both words correctly or it won't be able to translate them, though. ;)

I hope you enjoy your tattoos :)

3. danti

danti New Member

i have tryed bable fish the problem is that the words homosexual and hetrosexual dont seem to be used at all so it wont wrk but thatnks!

4. Reisti Skalchaste

Are you certain you're spelling them correctly? Entering "homosexual" into Babelfish resulted in "同性愛"

Although it couldn't translate "heterosexual"... very interesting. Perhaps the Japanese are trying to hide something from us? :p

If you're willing to go to Chinese instead, heterosexual is translated to "異性愛" and "异性爱" depending on which option you choose.

5. Hitokiri_Gensai

Hitokiri_Gensai Gunslinger Girl

erm thats kind of offensive thanks im part Japanese

anyway Chinese and Japanese use the same characters in their writing. The phonetical alaphabet in Japanese is unique but the Kanji are all the same. Actually in Japanese your taught both the Chinese and Japanese pronunciations

6. Hitokiri_Gensai

Hitokiri_Gensai Gunslinger Girl

erm thats kind of offensive thanks im part Japanese

anyway Chinese and Japanese use the same characters in their writing. The phonetical alaphabet in Japanese is unique but the Kanji are all the same. Actually in Japanese your taught both the Chinese and Japanese pronunciations

7. Reisti Skalchaste

Umm, sorry, it wasn't intended to offend anyone.

Anyway, thanks for clearing that up, I wouldn't have known otherwise.