Here's to the few, the proud, the caring

Discussion in 'Blogs' started by wertitis, Mar 19, 2006.

1. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

I'm not going to light any fires but it seems to me that there's only a select few I seem to address anymore when I write anything. To be honest it's getting on my nerves to have kids who don't have a clue what I'm talking about making noises, and giving negative feedback. There's only a few people out there I'm really trying to reach. Honestly I find that it's that core group of people who've been here since before I made my first post in the SMJ forum. It's been a while and BJP has undergone a certain change. I tried to kick and scream and deny it for the longest time, but it's become apparent that things simply aren't like they used to be.

Now this isn't one of those "Goodbye BJP, t

2. Peachy

Peachy ☆liberal HMod☮

lol * holds up a joint* amen son! ^^

3. heh I always like to read your journal entry's so much insight and truth. I can't help but agree and nod my head to what you say. Even though I haven't been around the longest and hell i'm probably one of the new kid's. All i can say it's good to have someone of your caliber here wert. Thank's for putting up with the lil shit and preaching ya mind.

4. Baphijmm

Baphijmm Kunlun Knight

*laughs at the first comment and all its irony*

I completely agree with you; the quality has gone downhill in a hurry. Biggest reason you don't see me posting so much anymore; there's just nothing for me to contribute. My personal best example was the thread a while back, something along the lines of "post stuff that's little-known about you." It started out as a great thread, and was a brilliant and beautiful idea; then, it quickly degraded to folks posting one or two additions to previous lists they had made along the lines of "oh ya, my hair's brown and im a grrl". It only stopped (and ended up dieing completely) when Bloodberry posted a warning, stating that any more obvious post-count-spamming posts would be deleted and the user would be given a personal warning.

It makes me sad to see it stoop to this state, but I don't think there's anything anyone can really do to stop it; we can't just ban members for stupidity and denying them entrance is worse. But yes, here's one mod in complete agreement with your assessment of the current site's community.

5. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

Sometimes it's less apparent than others, and sometimes it seems completely untrue, or at least it's not immediately noticeable... but you are right.

It's times like this that I wish I could have been around for BJP's heyday, which I consider to be the M2A days of 2002-2003, when things were starting to pick up and it was getting bigger.

As the site grew broader in focus and larger in size, it attracted more people... and of course the more people get attracted overall, the more... well I don't want to say it, it's kinda rude. But the more of these people come, the fewer quality people will stay, because they are the face of the community, and they're not necessarily a pretty one.

I'm not ready to throw in the towel just yet, though.

6. Yossarian

Yossarian Yossarian Lives!

Although the days of M2A were wonderful, glorious, and invigorating, BJP does have some good points. It