RPG Archives [Heroes of Arian]Storyline

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Angel of Light, Sep 6, 2003.

1. Angel of Light

Angel of Light New Member

Storyline

It’s a bright sunny day in the capital of Elinas at the Arian Tournament and the semi-finals were coming to the end and the finals are soon to follow. The stadium is in the middle of the city, a round concrete structure some feet below ground level. The audience are seated in rows of stone benches that went in levels down until it reached a stone wall which served as a barrier from the battles that raged on the dirt floor. At the bottom right row is a long booth from where the current Empress and her Royal Bodyguard and Advisor watch the Tournament.

Above and behind the stadium is an elegant walkway, lined with hedges and statues, that leads to the Palace of Light; there are tunnels in the battle arena that lead directly to the Palace. This is where the fighters of the Tournament come and go. On the walls of these tunnels and halls of the Palace are the rules for the Tournament:

1.Three participants will fight at the same time (usually one Pyrian, one Elian, and one Sinalett) and whoever is left standing will be the winner and will continue to the next round.
    2. You must be sixteen or older to participate. If it is found out that a contestant is younger, that person will be instantly disqualified.
    3.Each battle must be fought fairly and any teaming up among two fighters to attack the third is strictly prohibited.
    4. Besides rule 3, anything else goes as long as it does not endanger the lives of the other combatants. That means an Elian’s wings are off limits to direct attack.
    4. If the fighter(s) wishes to fly, they may only remain in the air for thirty seconds. If they remain any longer, the fighter(s) will be disqualified.
    5. Erthians, Aquians, and Half-breeds are prohibited in entering.
    6. There are no time limits.
    7. In the final round, the first to be knocked unconscious will be dubbed Royal Bodyguard to the New Empress/Emperor and thus given the responsibilities of the title; the second will be dubbed Royal Advisor to the New Empress/Emperor and is giving the duties as such; the last standing and winner of the Tournament will be crowned as the new Empress/Emperor and given the duties of overseeing every kingdom of Arian. If two or all three fighters are knocked unconscious at the same time, then there will be a re-match until the three royal positions are met. It has been made so that in the final round each fighter is of a diferent race.
    8. May the best fighter win.

Being in the center of the city, the top of the arena is surrounded by stores, taverns, and other establishments. There’s a railing along the edge of the top of the stadium so people can lean on them and looked down at the battles below.

The contestants themselves wait in the Palace or tunnels until they are called to battle...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay, this is basically the scene where the story starts. You can be anywhere in this area or nearby. If you were in the tournament and lost, you can be in the Palace entrance if you want. You can’t interrupt anything that happens with the finals until the weird stuff start happening. In fact, the finals is just the time you will use to introduce and develop your character(s) and stuff (i just like putting the rules up to feed my ego :D). I’ll give you a couple of times to do this, before all hell breaks loose. And when it does you have to interact with the event, otherwise my plot wont work. Just follow my lead. :p I know this may seem a bit controlling, but once the plot and whatever the charaters have to do is out, then i'll relax. :cool:

Also, this thread will be updated now and then if we encounter something I forgot to mention in the history. I'll highlight the word or whatever in bold so you know to check here for more info.

2. Angel of Light

Dark-Spawn

These monsters are what terrorize the forests of Erthas and the isles and seas of Aquas. Long ago, the Alettai have mastered the abillity of creating dark-matter to the point they could create living beings. However, these creatures have either low or no intelligence. Most Alettais can create very small creatures that die after a few hours, but very powerful Alettais could create minion that last for days.

During the great war, several Alettais have found a way to create a mass army of huge terrifying monsters that have no time limit of being alive. But the cost of this was the powerful Alettai's (who create the beast) life. They created quite a few but soon the creatures had shown that they could reproduce themselves and even mutate into different varieties. The Alettai have the power to control any dark-spawn and used them as their main weapon against the other races. Dark-spawn are mostly responsible for the destruction of the Erthian and Aquian cities.

Over the millenium, even after the Alettai had all been banished, the Dark-spawn had thrived and multiplied in the areas they've been summoned to. They tried to spread out to the other areas of Arian but the stronger races' forces kept them at bay. Especially Elinas. The borders of the Elinas territory are protected by several light-cannons created by the Elians. There has never been an incident where a dark-spawn managed to break through,

Different types:

Neveks or the winged ones: These humanoid creatures are the most intelligent of the Dark-spawn, but that just means they can follow orders. Were created for the sole purpose to be minions. After the Alettai were banished, they mostly stayed in darkest parts of Delanis and waited for their masters to return...

They are tall, have thick armored skin and very sharp claws, making these monsters powerful soldiers in hand-to-hand combat, even in the skies with their bat-like wings. It takes about two fighters to take down just one.

Neliathans: These were the first type of dark-spawn created by the Alettai. Huge, and very, very stupid. These things live to devour living things, nothing can get in the way of these gigantic beings. Rampant and berserk, even the Alettais had difficulty handling them.

They come in many different shapes and forms. Their main characteristics are their huge size and bug-like traits. Takes alot to bring one down with its hard armor that even Elians have trouble breaking through. Just watch out for their tails...

~~~
    More when we find them. I like to keep you in suspense. :p Anyways, whenever i bring a dark-spawn into play, i control it. But (later in the game of course) you may wish to spice up things by bringing one into the scene. You're allowed to do this and control it too. Just don't kill us too early in the game, :p

3. Angel of Light

Palace of Light: The biggest and most elegantly decorated Royal Palace of the five.

Below Ground: Here is where the endless cells of the Palace dungeons are located. It has been designed like a maze to those brought there. Only people who are very familiar with the place, like the guards, can travel through it without getting lost. Here is also located the tunnels leading to the Arena, though its hard to get here from the dungeons without a guide.

Main Floor (1st Floor): Coming in through the huge front wooden doors, you'll enter a beautiful, large entrance hall with a white elegant main stairways leading to the upper floors. To one of the doors is the ball room and another leads to the massasive dinning hall, with the kitchens next door to this.

Second-Third Floors: Libraries, tech/magic research laboratories and medical wing (second floor).

Fourth-Seventh Floors: Sleeping quarters of all the council members, servants, and guests of the Palace. Also where the servants main workplace is (where they do the laundry, and stuff :p).

Eighth Floor: High Council Room (where they give trials, or meetings, etc)

Ninth Floor: The Empress/Emperor's chambers aswell as the Royal Advisor's and Bodyguard's chambers.

Tenth Floor: Restricted Area. Only the Empress/Emperor is allowed to go here and also whoever she/he gives permission to.