Hi Everyone! New Member!

Discussion in 'Gatchaman' started by Keyop, Nov 26, 2003.

1. Keyop

Keyop New Member

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to type an "Introduction" post for myself. My name is Dave, I'm 31, and live just outside of Toronto.

Anyway, I have been a fan of Battle of the Planets since I first saw the show back in 1978. I remember coming home from school every single day, turning on the TV, and being transfixed by the images of Mark and his team saving the planet Earth from the Alien menace! Unfortunately, one day I came home and found that the program wasn't on...instead The Doris Day show was on. I thought, in my 6 year old mind, that it was just a one day thing. Little did I know that they had actually removed MY show to put on Doris Day. To THIS DAY, I still hate her!! (I know...quite a long time to hold a grudge...but anyway).

Well, that was the last time that I had seen the series...back in 1979. Every once in a while, over the years, I thought about the show, but never, ever saw it on the air. Then, I saw the DVD's in the store a while back, and bought them! How cool are they, even after all these years. I mean, they don't hold the same magic as they did back in the day...but it's still pretty cool to recapture a part of my childhood! (Although I have to admit, the FIRST episode was kind of disappointing...but episode 2 and the rest were quite cool).

Anyway, I gave my profile the name Keyop because his was my favourite character when I first watched the show. In fact, my fave episode was The Alien Beetles...although I haven't seen it since it first aired (I NEED to pick up the Box Set).

Well, anyway...I hope that my post hasn't bored the lot of you to tears! I look forward to chatting with you all on this board. :)

Dave

2. Raven

Raven Fuhrer

This really should be in the newbies section since this is your introduction to m2a. No doubt one of the mods will move it soon.

Anyway have a good time here and post a lot.

3. Sesshomisao

Sesshomisao Poison Girl

wrong forum....but any way....welcome to m2a....dont spam...read the rules...and try to get your posts in the right forums!!! *POKE!* HAHA!! I GET THE FIRST NOOB POKE!!!!! heh...any way...welcome and I will be watching you!!!

Misao

4. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

Welcome!

Welcome, Dave! This is the perfect place to introduce yourself as a Keyop and Battle of the Planets fan. I'm 32, so it's nice to see fans in my age range around here!

Mark

5. Keyop

Keyop New Member

Sorry for posting to the wrong section. Honestly, I didn't realise as I'm only into Battle of the Planets (I'm not a huge Anime person...please don't shoot me!!! LOL). But yeah, I'll go to the Mangatoanime rules section to make sure I don't make the same mistake again. :p

Thanks for the welcome though!

Dave