Computers hi remember me (lil problem)

Discussion in 'Computers' started by auska, Nov 13, 2002.

1. auska

auska New Member

Okay dont laugh but I cant get into the chat area I accidently clicked cancel on the download popup can anyone tell me how to get it back, it wont come back. Oh yeah and while I am here I was veiwing the image gallary, Bloodberry you have some very nice work, please could you share some tips with me?.

thanx guys xx:D

2. DrunkLeprachaun

DrunkLeprachaun Tetsu Oushi

You can also use an app called mirc to chat, it's what most of the people in there use. To get it, go here, and just download one of the files in the top section. Install it, run it and once it's running, in the options part click the 'Add' button to add a new server, then fill in the top 2 boxes in the new pop up screen as "irc.quakenet.org" without the "s. Then type:
    /join #mangatoanime
    If that doesn't work, type:
    /server irc.quakenet.org
    followed by
    /join #mangatoanime
    Good luck.
    By the by, for future refference, this sort of thing would be best suited for the newbie board.

3. auska

auska New Member

Thanks (sorry)

Thank you I will try that. I am very sorry that I posted in the wrong one. But I am not a newbie. I used to come and post on this forum on the school internet but the server is down, now I have my own P.C and I can finally say hi to all you guys. It runs great anyway. Hey you seem to know alot about computers if I have anymore problems that I cant sort out could I ask you please?:shy3:
    xx

4. auska

auska New Member

AHHHHHHHHH more problems

Really sorry to bother you again Mr drunken leprahcaun. But I have tried both ways and both times it comes up with a message saying it cannot resolve connection. Can you help?
    xx

5. Slydice

Slydice ave, Lex, morituri te salutamus

hmmm, maybe you are in college trying to do this?

some colleges don't allow connections to chat rooms!

They claim they are not for "educational purposes"

maybe we could set up a guide with pictures on how to use mirc to get to the chat room?