Anime Hikaru no Go

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by TamaKameKami, Apr 14, 2003.

1. TamaKameKami

TamaKameKami Lord Tama

This series is quite good it can be kinda boring at times but i can't get enough of it.... even know its pretty much the same thing every episode it does have somewhat of a plot and if you actully pay attention to the games you could actully learn how to play go..i think atleast i did try learning it, but it required to much thinking and i miss all subtitles that pass by and then i had to rewind to find out what they said..

Anyone else a fan of this anime series? Who can say no to go!

2. Mordeth

Mordeth Mordeth Vult!

3. daisuke14

daisuke14 New Member

hey im a fan also i just love how the way sai act when hikaru dont let him play go and when he almost got in trouble whe he play go on the internet:p :D ;) :)

4. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

in theory, it got cancelled....<cries>

5. Kation

Kation Guest

last episode?

is episode 69 the last one?

6. Luffy

Luffy I Can See A New Horizon

Hikaru Shindo is just a normal 12 year old boy, but one day he's rumaging through his Grandfather's things to see if he can find something to sell and pulls out an old Go board. A ghostly apparation appears out of the board and tells Hikaru his sad story. His name is Sai Fujiwara, a man who was a Go instructor to the emperor of Japan a thousand years ago. However, because of bad sportsmanship of his opponent during a game, Sai was accused of cheating and banished from the city. With no livelihood or any other reason to live, Sai commited suicide by drowning himself. Now, he haunts a Go board, and wants to accomplish the perfect Go game, called the "Hand of God" which he hopes to do through Hikaru. If Hikaru will be able to do it or not (or even wants to) will have to be seen
    the summary of Hikaru no Go I like the show i've seen it on Toonami Jetstream.
    Has anybody else seen or heard of this ani9me/manga?

summary taken from here

7. Hiro

Hiro Active Member

yeah...used to read it in shonen jump.... way back when lol

8. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

I have there are other threads on this. *me thinks*

I have read all the manga and anime. I liked it a lot. I have seen the english version a few times. It isn't graphic so they couldn't ruin it. At least from what I have seen.

9. Luffy

anybody no the theme song to the show or who its by me wants to download it

10. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

hmm I think I'll just slightly ignore the last post, considering it probably is licensed, and there are search engines online and even on this site: There are other threads for this same show, even fave character ones and a 3 page thread in manga.

I've seen this show two or three times all the way through and the 2004 Special, I love it and the music for it is awesome.. I still want more though. Hikaru is awesome.

11. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

I sort of cheered when Hikaru one a match. Not sure if I said this here or not. Anyway I almost made someone spill a drink on the lap top. OOPS. :sweat2:

But go Hikaru anyway.

This got me interested in Go but I have yet to try understanding it all.

Also this is on Toonami Jetstream. I am glad I watched it all before it got licensed.

I don't remember watching the special. :(

The first song is "Get Over" by dream and that's all I will tell you. :p

BTW does anyone else like his sudden crazy out bursts.

12. Luffy

YEA so the theme on on Toonami Jetstream is "Get Over" by dream is outbursts are pretty cool yea made me wana try Go but then i was like =/ so yea