Manga Historical Fiction Manga?

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Orion, Feb 7, 2006.

1. Orion

Orion Gears

Well, I need a historical fiction manga. I need to do a book report on a historical fiction book, and mangas are a lot easier to read than plain books, so I decided, why not? I've done two mangas for my past two reports, why stop now? Seriously though, do you guys know any I can pick up? Thankee.

2. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

I'm surprised your teacher is letting you use manga. Don't you have a literacy test or something in grade 10 like Canadian students do?

3. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Welcome to America!

Fictional AND Historical? How can something that happened in history be fictional? The closest Manga to that would be Chrono Crusade.

-Seishin

4. Eternal-Blaze

Eternal-Blaze New Member

Fictional Historical would be a fictional story that takes place in a historical event. Last time I had to do one of those reports, I read a book about a person and his journey (which didn't actually happen but very well could have) in the Civil War.

It's almost like Science Fiction, but in the past instead of the future.

The only mangas I can think of are samurai ones like Samurai Champloo and Rurouni Kenshin.

5. Orion

Orion Gears

I have no idea. I'll see when I get to highschool sophmore year. :D

Is Chrono Crusade popular, like I can find it in any big local bookstore?

Yeah, I was thinking of Shamploo and RK because it has ninjas in it. Plus it talks about feudel(sp?) Japan. I'll be on the look-out for 'em.

6. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Ahh, don't we all love high school?
    Should be, but the Anime's more popular.
    Stick with Ruroni Kenshin, the manga's long, so it'll help you on a lot of material.

-Seishin

7. Orion

Orion Gears

Well, in the end, I decided not to pick a manga. Instead, I picked one of those books that are actually guy's journals from WW2. I dunno, I think my teacher is starting to not appreciate me doing mangas for book reports. The last two times I showed her the cover, she glanced at it, and said it was fine. I don't even think she knew it was a manga in the first place. :p Thanks for all the help guys. These mangas, to me, are still worth looking at in the future. :)