history

Discussion in 'Rurouni Kenshin' started by Zero Enna, May 7, 2003.

1. Zero Enna

Zero Enna New Member

i need to know

2. DistantSamurai

DistantSamurai New Member

be more specific...like Kenshin's past???:confused:

3. Zero Enna

Zero Enna New Member

i mean true history
    baisicly o know all about the show
    like kiwami gensai, fighting styles and such

4. DistantSamurai

oooo i understand now! hold on i'll gather everything i know and i'll post it all...:D and meanwhile i think Hitokiri will beat me at it since she ahs it all known in her head already so either one of us will get it to ya:D

5. Hitokiri_Gensai

Hitokiri_Gensai Gunslinger Girl

hmmmmm... ok ill try to post the basics of the period.

the Bakumatsu started with the coming of the black ships aka Commodore Perry's trip into Oosaka Harbor. from there Perry demanded that the ports of japan be opened to trading from other countries or he would force them open *americans can really suck about some stuff huh?* from then the country was split into two main parties. The Bakufu or the government and the Ishin Shishi. the phrase Sonno-ji *i think thats it* became very popular and many people began to believe in it *note* Sonno-ji means revere the emporer and expel the barabarians*note end* for more info on this particular part see my post about the Shinsengumi that will tell you the Bakufu's point of view.

6. Hitokiri_Gensai

in the end due to the use of western weapons the Ishin's triumphed and the country became open. even after 2 or 3 years westernization was evident. samurai werent allowed to carry their most prized possesions and no one was a higher rank than the other.

actually just before the coming of the end of the Tokugawa dynasty the law stated at everyone could carry a sword of any length *before that only samurai could carry a daitou. in July 18th Shoho 2 (1645 AD) the law stated that anyone could carry a sword under 1.8 shaku (1 foot 9 inches) IF one obtained a permit. This allowed the Shouchou of the Tokyo police to arm the Okappiki or the non-samurai police and it also allowed travlelers along the Tokaido road to arm themselves against bandits* but in 1871 the law stated that anone could carry a sword of any length and anyone could wear their hair Chonmage *Samurai Topknot* Kirisute Gomen was porhibited that same year which is the unpunished slaying of a non-samurai for an insult if one was a samurai of coure. then on January 1 1877 only the Military and the Sword bearing police *Kenkakukeikantai*. This is the point where many of the Samurai took their beloved blades and stuck them in walking sticks. Swords of the Meiji era *1868-1912* were fashioned after german and french Military sabers *damn they lost that incredible style of sword to THOSE?* only Gunto made during the second world war saw the design of a true samurai katana. they were often mass produced and made with cast iron Tsuka *handles* they were presented to officers during World War 2.

oh btw DistantSamurai dispite the icon i use i am a guy ^_^x;

7. DistantSamurai

OOO I"M SOOOO SORRY!!!:shy3:

8. Kenshinslover

Kenshinslover New Member

hmmm im confused!!!!

i mean i watch the kenshin epesodes with distancesamuri i think thats how you spell her name but i can never figure out why he left being a battosi and yet the comercials are saying that he will return to being a battosi,,,,,,,,,,, can some one tell me the whole side of kenshin,,,,,, please,,,,,,, im really really really really confused

9. Kenshinslover

Kenshinslover New Member

hehe

sorry about the spelling errors,,,, this is not my day!!!!!! shut up roxy!!!!

10. DistantSamurai

SUUUURE!! you couldn't have asked me but you had to come here!?!??! :rolleyes: Anywyas...first of all its spelled DistantSamurai dork!! and second Kenshin stopped "Being" the Battousai because of SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER****when Tomoe died he swore that after the revolution arrived or the new Era that he would stop killing forever...but SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER he will return his rurouni sword back into the sword of a Hitokiri...i think i have that all right...Hitokiri Gensai am I??:D

11. Hitokiri_Gensai

almost. he gave up the hitokiri's sword because "Fighting from now on would just be selfish" and also cause of his killing of Tomoe. he swore never to pick up a Hitokiri's sword again but the Hitokiri still lurks in his heart. during he fight with Jineh he became Battousai to save Kaoru but during the Fight with Saitou he became Battousai just for the sake of the fight.

12. Kenshinslover

Kenshinslover New Member

still confused

ummm im still very confused!!!!!:glazed: :dizzy2: :shy3:

13. DistantSamurai

Your so strange! why don't you get it? hahaha i'll explain it to you slower tomorrow...thanks hitokiri for trying!;)

14. Hitokiri_Gensai

Zero_Enna, did u need stuff like the Kenjutsu style from the show? or real style from that period?

15. Zero Enna

Zero Enna New Member

i need the real fighting styles and what was the Meiji restoration fought for was it just for ideals

16. Hitokiri_Gensai

ok for Kenjtsu of the existing style im sure of Tennen Rishin Ryuu. with its special technique Hirazuki. off of Hirazuki was spawned Gatotsu and Okita's Three Step Pierce.

17. Zero Enna

Zero Enna New Member

what about SEPUKU

18. Hitokiri_Gensai

seppuku is the way to save ones honor from an embarrasing situation such as defeat in a important duel. its commited by the user by taking his Wakizashi *the Wakizashi is the keeper of the Samurai's Honor* and making two cuts across the stomach and then another samurai decapitates them...

19. Zero Enna

Zero Enna New Member

didint they cut there to make the spirit come

20. Hitokiri_Gensai

ummmmmm im not sure ^_^x;;; *laughs* it may have been b ut i think it was because that spot was very hard to not die from since the intestines and stuff would spill out...