Movies Horror Movies

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by c0ke, Jun 7, 2002.

?

What do you think about Horror Movies?

1. I Love Them

9 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. I Hate Them

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  3. They\'re Okay

4 vote(s)
    26.7%
  1. c0ke

c0ke New Member

After my finals were finished, me and couple of my friend decided to watch some movies, but since we were all broke, we just decided to watch some movies at home. When we got there everyone decided to watch movies most people never heard of. My first responce was "ANIMES" and the response from my friends were "Ahh **** Animes!" So we decide to watch some independent movies, mostly Horror movies. So that got me thinking, wonder what other people think about Horror movies.

2. ~ Zack ~

~ Zack ~ Guest

Depends on what the audience these days consider a "horror" movie... something corny like "I Know What You Did..." and "Scream" are just a waste of time and money... Though I liked, like, the remake of The House On Haunted Hill.

3. c0ke

c0ke New Member

I guess I should have been more specific.
    I'm talking about old independent Horror movie, not cr***** horror movies like scream and I know what you did last summer. Horror movies by directors like George A. Romero, Lucio Fulci, Sam Raimi (The guy who directed Spider-Man) and Peter Jackson (The guy who directed the Lord of the Ring series).

I shouldn't have even made this a poll, I must have been smoking crack without me knowing.

4. ~ Zack ~

~ Zack ~ Guest

Ah, well in that case... all I have to say is Sam Raimi is a genius. :D ::has the Evil Dead Book of the Dead DVD, Evil Dead II, Army of Darkness, and Bruce Campbell vs. Army of Darkness (Director's Cut):: Of course the first two were the only one's that were supposed to be real 'horror', and II was leaning more towards a horrific comedy (or "splatstick" as Bruce refers to it).

5. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

Im not a big fan of Horror movies, but their ok. Im still terrified of the mentioning of the name "Exorcist"
    So what I'm saying is that I'll watch corny movies like "Scream" but i won't watch movies with ghosts and all that stuff (that really freaks me out)[​IMG]

6. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

I don't reacll now but I think it was me who said I hated them cuz I don't really like being freaked out, its olay to jump by fright once or twice, but some stuff is just scary and I get bad feelings like I'll be eaten or scared by a monster in the night, even thought I know thats just stupid but it happens to me.

7. chupito

chupito New Member

I like some horror movies... but like seraphim said after watching i'm not going to sleep for the rest of the month:p !!!
    after i watced Exorcist, i couldn't sleep more than 4 hours per night during a month!!!

8. DrunkLeprachaun

DrunkLeprachaun Tetsu Oushi

I really like good horror movies(eg. Evil Dead, Braindead, The Night Of The Living Dead, Ring etc), but bad ones are ****. Really ****.

9. Energizer Bunny

Energizer Bunny i wuv you

i like horror movies i suppose(especially when i can jump into a hot guys arms when i get really scared...^.^) i dont watch them all the time but once and a while theyre okay but for my thrills i prefer suspense

10. Vash

Vash New Member

I voted for 'love them' but that's assuming we're talking about good horror movies. Mind you, what I classify as good is bound to fall into somebody's cr** basket. I like all the ones DL listed. I saw Ring in the cinema, alone. Completely. They ran the thing just for me. Not good, I haven't been creeped out like that in a while.

Here's where I ruin everything by admitting that I liked From Dusk Til Dawn. Near Dark is a great obscure classic, if you like vampires. I have a soft spot for them myself.

11. Wolfwood

Wolfwood New Member

I like my splatstick.
    Best examples (in order of quality)
    Creepshow 2
    Creepshow 1
    Evil Dead 1
    Evil Dead 2
    Tremors
    American Werewolf in london.
    The best of course is American Psycho
    [​IMG]

12. c0ke

c0ke New Member

Well if you read my bio, I am a gore hound. I like gory movies, but only the good ones.

The entire dead series
    The Evil Dead Trilogy
    The Beyond
    Zombie

And I could go on and on.

I really didn't like American Psycho though, the whole idea of taping you having sex with prostitute then cutting them up with wires and killing them didn't suit me.

13. ~ Zack ~

~ Zack ~ Guest

I love the Evil Dead Trilogy... my brother (also a big fan) tells me once Sam Raimi finishes up with the Spider-Man flicks, he's going to try and bring Bruce back for a fourth Evil Dead movie.

14. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

Why do you like horror movies?
    Whats the point of going to see them just to scare the he** out of your self ?!!

Well .. if i will see horror ones I rather in the very first thing in the morning !! Cuz I get so scared in the night .. and so that while the night is in his way .. I might forgot the scared part of the movie .. !

Really .. I like only action/comedy ones .. the comedy ones I rather them with the action movie or just plane action .. cuz when the movie is only comedy .. it sometimes have bad things that i hate to see .. :p

15. c0ke

c0ke New Member

I think I like horror movies because if my memories are correct, they are the first movie I remeber watching. I was like 4 years old, and My parents were watching Hellraiser 2 Uncut version.

16. Project191

Project191 Black Wind

i love them but i can't see it cuz some of the people they don't let me to see a horror movie:D

17. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

They are ok..im not realy into horror movies because i get scared (sort of anyway) and yell at the tv... DONT GO IN THERE YOU DUMB ****!

but movies like TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACAR should not ever be made... they are beyond stupid..

KaMe

18. c0ke

c0ke New Member

God I hate Texas Chainsaw Massacre. It was a worthless piece of **** I seen

19. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

Cuz you are too young for them .. !

Anywayz .. I just dont see the point of watching horror movies just to scare your self and maybe get a heartattack *God forbid* ..
    I mean you should go to comedy ones .. and have a good laugh and live more instead of dieing early !!

20. sailorvenus

sailorvenus 24 days to go...^^

I love horror films! :D