Outlaw Star Universe How did you get Outlaw Star? Also, First Impressions!

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Reisti Skalchaste, Mar 9, 2005.

1. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

So, how did you get Outlaw Star? Did you buy it? Was it a gift? Did you do the unspeakable and download it? Something not listed?

Also, when you saw it the first time, what were your impressions of it. Did you like it originally? Hate it? Or did you almost skip over it, even?

As for me, I got my copy a pretty bad way. My friend lent me her bootlegged copy, and, though I liked the show, a lot, I couldn't afford back then to go and buy it. So, I took my trusty blank VHS tapes, and... Well, anyway, I'm looking to buy the collection at some point, hopefully when I go to Anime North this year, but, if not, Ebay shuld suffice. But I'll get rid of those evil copies of evil bootlegs sooner or later. Without depriving myself of the ability to watch the show, too.

2. SteamedRice

SteamedRice New Member

I saw some previews and a few episodes way back then from cartoon network.. I liked what I saw and told myself that someday I will buy me a copy of it.. Yeah I didn't have money back then :eek: .. Well I have one more volume to go and it would be complete :D

3. Hitokiri_Gensai

Hitokiri_Gensai Gunslinger Girl

i originally watched the series when it was on Toonami a couple years back. needless to say, i loved the series from the first time i watched it. I watched it as often as it was on and then i moved on a bought the series on DVD. still love it and watch it fairly often.

4. ~ruby_zeal~

~ruby_zeal~ New Member

i saw outlaw star on commercials on cartoon network, but i didnt start watching until the mmidlle of the series. then i bought the box set online because i loved it so much.

5. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

I just watched it a few times when it was on Toonami. Pretty much the same way i got into Tenchi. :).

6. vonniesmile

vonniesmile New Member

I love outlaw star. I first watched it on toonami, about half way through the series, was rather upset when they stopped showing it :sad: . but I've downloaded the theme songs (which are really good)

7. Hitokiri_Gensai

Hitokiri_Gensai Gunslinger Girl

they're fairly likely to put it back into circulation on a saturday or maybe as part of Adult Swim. Ive noticed that they have a tendency to cycle out a show for a year or two and then randomly bring it back like Blue Sub 6. (Darnit bring back Tenchi!!!!)

8. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

I just wish they'd air it on a Canadian network. Even YTV, so long as I could see it on TV. Not that I'd watch it, (On tape, yo! (Soon: DVD) :p) but it'd be nice to know that it's considered popular enough to warrant being aired. Ahh well, what can you do but write angry threatening letters to the people who decide these things? :p

9. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

I downloaded it along with Angel links. I either download or buy.

10. Baphijmm

Baphijmm Kunlun Knight

A friend of mine loaned me his copy of it for about two weeks my senior year of high school; the anime club at college then watched it my freshman year.

First impressions: Honestly, I always approach a series with as much publicity as Outlaw Star with extreme caution; it's usually a safe bet that if the general populus loved it, I'll hate it. As I watched the first few episodes, though, I really got into it. The story is usually the thing that captivates me, and Outlaw Star's was definitely captivating.

11. ZakoSoldier

ZakoSoldier Zeon Commander

I like many others watched it on Toonami and I loved it. I eventually got the DVDs for my birthday.

12. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

Oops forgot first impressions. I agree with Baph on how it is ver captivating. I just like the way the series is. Very good. I am glad I got it. Angel links is you know how sequals go.

13. Alucard21

Alucard21 New Member

downloaded after seeing alot of them on Toonami... had 2 b done
    nowhere was selling the dvds at the time. :(