Saber Marionette How does...?

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Reisti Skalchaste, Feb 16, 2005.

1. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

I just had the weirdest thought. How do Cherry and Lime keep their hair ornaments on their heads? What's keeping them from falling off? I don't think it'd be some kind of clip, or something, because, in J to X, Phase 21, one of Cherry's gets broken, and it looks to be made of glass, or something. Surely, they must be pretty heavy. Heavy enough to bend/break any kind of clip that would normally hold them in?

I assume I don't need to post a pic of the ornaments, but, if you're that oblivious, check my sig.

2. Cherrygirl

Cherrygirl Cherrylicious!

well im not sure about Cherrys, but Limes seems like its attached to a wooden stick thats through her bandana. maybe Cherrys are attached to her bow i dont know. i always pictured them as being like christmas ornaments, kinda light and glassy that could easily stay up there without a hassle ^_^

3. Reisti Skalchaste

Well, it might not matter to *them*, but whatever's holding them up might.

A wooden stick...? *looks at pic of Lime* I...guess, maybe... but it doesn't really look like anything that could hold up one of those. At least not from the angle it's on. It would have to come out the front of the bandana, I would think.

And, don't you recall, Phase 21, towards the end?

Cherry has Suzaku in a full nelson, and something causes the one on the right to shatter. She's saying "I can deal with this..."

When that happens, the thing looks to be made of solid glass, which, would indeed, be quite heavy.

4. Cherrygirl

yeh a vaguely remember that...well it is anime we're talking about where anything is possible ^_^....HAH maybe the ornaments are just big magnets that attach to their metal heads? lol wouldnt that be funny...

5. Reisti Skalchaste

That would scramble their memories! Ever stuck a magnet to your computer? (Don't. Really, don't.)

6. Cherrygirl

heh that would make for a really funny episode....Hanagata in his jelous rage switches the ornaments with magnets...Cherry and Lime go nutty....Bloodberry seizes her opportunity with Otaru but finds Hanagata in the way.....Bloodberry beats the pulp out of hanagata....and otaru stands there watching the chaos going "shwaaah???"

7. Jedimdo

Jedimdo New Member

Being serious, I stick with Cherrygirl's idea. C'mon, it's a few centuries more developed than our technology. I doubt they'll be still using magnetic storage devices. Just think in the take off of the Neo-Mesopotamia and the HUGE amount of energy it released. Or, even better, the wormhole when they traveled to the Solar System. These wormholes are monsters of all forces (Magnetic, Gravitation, etc.). The girls are quite resistant.

But, being it anime, science does not always matter :p . I'd love that episode.

8. Reisti Skalchaste

I've been thinking about this again. I really don't think they'd be magnets, because they'd have to be some pretty powerful magnets to be able to stay on their heads, considering how they can be jolted around, right? Even if they're not using magnetic storage, it could still cause problems for the girls' surroundings.

Strong enough to cause problems, like attracting things? I don't think magnets would work.

Another theory is that they have... I guess, "plugs" would be the word. They stick them into their heads when they put them on. Somehow, I don't really like this idea.

And sure, anime doesn't always have to make sense, but it's still fun to ponder these kinda things, right? We could just dismiss everything as "Ehh, it's anime, it doesn't have to make sense." But then we'd never discuss anything.

Heh, I'd probably enjoy that episode too, to be honest.

9. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

PLUGS?! Sweet mother...

Talk about ridiculous. Otaru bought Lime's clothes at a second hand store in Japoness. Do you think they would sell headgear with PLUGS to stick into people's heads?

I'll roll with hairpins. Who care's how heavy those things are- remember they're marionettes. If they can lift buildings with thier bare hands what is little glass globe on thier noggins. 'Sides, for all we know it could be something other than glass. We are talking about the future here right? Could be something real easy and lightweight, right?

Sheesh, head plugs and magnets. Aren't we overthinking this just a little?

Hehe,

Your locally convenient, ever dispensible
    ~wert

10. Reisti Skalchaste

Maybe. It was all I could think of. But if it's hairpins, and they are glass, how do the hairpins support it? I have no worries that the girls would have trouble with them, but how would the pins that hold them support them? Glass is pretty heavy, you know.

Sure, we're overthinking, but it's fun! :D

11. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

Buaahahahaah!!

We're talking about a culture advanced enough to build a machine out of alloys strong enough to catch an entire building without so much as a scratch.

I think a hairpin would be a no problem. :p

~The great wert in a boat somewhere else, signing off

12. Jedimdo

Jedimdo New Member

Who said it were clothes for humans? Maybe clothes only for marionettes?
    Maybe they're filled with helium, heheh.

13. Reisti Skalchaste

Well, that makes sense, but what would keep them from drooping? I mean, if it's just hairpins, what would stop the ornaments from drooping so they're more on the side of their heads than the top? You get what I'm trying to say, right?

It's really a conundrum. :dizzy2:

[edit] I just found a (kind of) solution. [post=188838]Here.[/post]