Art How exactly do you draw any sort of monsters.

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Solid_dragoon, Jul 4, 2002.

1. Solid_dragoon

Solid_dragoon New Member

Whenever I have a cool pic of something in my head, I get out some paper and draw the human part perfectly*kiss kiss*.But the problem is when I draw the monster it ends up looking like a retarded duck.HHHHHHEEEEEELLLLLLLLPPPPPP!!!!!!:glazed:

2. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

i personally, find that knowing a little ataomy helps. that way, when it comes to the monster part, you can work the monster part slowy from the human stuff...ya know? kinda slowly merge the 2 together...i have to see if i can draw soemthing to show...

3. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

hmmm.. a monster can be some form of defromed humanoid shape. you can overexagerate/ enlargen muscle structure, warp and stretch teh length of arms, enlarge the head, then make multiple limbs or other parts like heads. what kind of monster are you trying to draw?

4. Solid_dragoon

Solid_dragoon New Member

Well the first monster that always pops up in my head is a skeleton spider-like monster.The second one that pops up is a walking flames monster.

5. DrunkLeprachaun

DrunkLeprachaun Tetsu Oushi

Hmm, well I don't have much experience drawing monsters, I should really try sometime soon, but if I was drawing the ones you mentioned, for the skeleton spider thing, id I was drawing it it'd be spider/human, don't ask me why. For that, I'd just draw a human skull, but give it 8 eyes and big fangs on the sides of it's mout, then I'd give it a human torso, except skelatal. I'd attach that to the middle bit of it's body, which'd be like a ball, with bony legs coming out of it, then a thorax attached to the back of that. It'd be hard to make them look skelatal, though, I guess you'd just have to mess around with that. For the fire dide, I'd just draw a human, and then cover him in flames. Simple, ne?
    Hope this is clear concise and helpful.

6. Solid_dragoon

Solid_dragoon New Member

Thanx,I'll try that.