Books How many book have you read?

Discussion in 'Written Arts' started by Nikkisword, Feb 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nikkisword

Nikkisword New Member

I know I read like a countless amount of books, I was just wondering on how many books have you read. :)

2. Baphijmm

Baphijmm Kunlun Knight

Starting with the one I was reading when I was born... :dizzy2:

Good lord, I have no idea how many books are under my belt. Too many to possibly count, to be sure.

3. chiquitabanana

chiquitabanana finally legal

I seriously have no clue on how many books i have read..

I could estimate at least 2,000~ i should write the ones i read..

4. Nikkisword

Nikkisword New Member

I wonder who else had read a countless amount of books, I want to see a list of what books you read before. :sweat2:

5. BotticelliLover

BotticelliLover New Member

Yeah, I've read countless books as well.

Here's a sample:

the whole Wheel of Time series with the exception of Crossroads of Twilight(have it but haven't gotten around to it

The Dragonlance Chronicles and all of Hickman and Weis's books relating to it

All the Redwalls with the exception of Martin the Warrior, Triss, and the new one

20 or so Mercedes Lackeys

20 or so of Piers Anthony's Xanth books

Dune
    Pride and Prejudice
    Jane Grey
    Hiroshima
    countless romances
    The Inferno
    Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass
    The Scarlet Pimpernel

the Harry Potters of course

the Lord of the Rings trilogy and The Hobbit

And many, many more! :anime:

6. Nikkisword

Nikkisword New Member

The books I've read are some what different, I'm a bit of a nut

Shogun
    Jade palace vendette
    Death at the crossroads
    Kill the Shogun
    Rising Wind
    Musashi: Book 1

And that's just a sample of what I have read, I told you that I'm a bit different. :D

7. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

The books I read? Countless. There are just to many. I used to be in a reading class. Is that good enough for you?

When I was younger/teenager.
    I read.

Sweet Valley High over 100
    Sweet Valley University over 30
    Nancy Drew Files over 100
    Nancy Drew On Campus over 15
    Nancy Drew & Hardy Brothers Mysteries over 25
    River Heights like 5
    Fear Street over 60
    Goosebumps over 50
    Bonechillers (I think that is what it is called) over 10
    Pike books over 100
    Nightmare Hall over 15
    Animorphs over 20
    Caroline B. Cooney over 20

Hmmm. Like I said countless. These are the ones I can think of. I probably read most books twice even.

I am reading different books right now. I like Vampire and Werewolves books now.

8. VM1070

VM1070 Let's Go Voltron Force

Not counting books from high school and college, I have read about thirty or so hard cover books.

Mostly all Sci-fi. Most of them being part of the Star Trek or Star Wars series.

Victor

9. Nikkisword

Nikkisword New Member

That's very cool, I like to see who else has read a countless amount of books. I have another list of books I read, and I know I'm impressed with lists of books so far. :sweat2:

A gown of Spanish lace.
    Jungle book
    The brigde over the river Kwai
    The summer of my German Soldier

I mean there was a lot of other books I have read, and now, I'm writing my own book for people to read and enjoy as they did with the books once read.

10. Shadowbard

Shadowbard Black-Winged Angel

I have no clue how many books I've read over the years. Suffice to say it was (and is) a lot. I stopped counting a long time ago, truthfully. Like many other people here, I enjoy sci-fi/fantasy novels, but I read things from many different genres, and I've gone through phases in reading material (horse books, teen mystery books, etc).

Let's just put it this way....when I was in elementary school the librarian would waive the maximum limit of books I was allowed to check out because she knew I could finish everything I borrowed by the next library day. In junior high school they had a "reading for pages" program to calculate reading grades each quarter. 1100 pages would get an A+. Let's just say I walked out of each semester with around 8 A+ grades in reading....

~Shadrach Anki

11. Nikkisword

Nikkisword New Member

I can't remember all the book I have read and I know there are more books I read, I find reading as a way of escape and I enjoy reading sometimes with music.

12. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

Ive read my fare share of books, but not as amny as some of the people on this site. And i could do with reading a lot more. I think at a guess i must have read about 100 books. I'm not sure but sometimes when i read a good book i cant put it down.

13. Ravenwing

Ravenwing New Member

Yikks!!! Do I have to try and count them? :dizzy2: In the past year I've read about 200 alone, but in my entire 17 year existance? :confused: Way too many to count. :glazed:

14. Nikkisword

Nikkisword New Member

[​IMG] I told it's a good thing to read a good book, it doesn't depend what you like to read or your petiticular taste of a series.

15. Novus

Novus Gone

I read like a fiend when I was younger. By the time I finished grade school I had read just about everything by Bruce Coville or Gordon Korman I could get my hands on, plus the entire works of Lloyd Alexander (less a couple of them). I also read I think 70% of the Star Wars novels that had been released at the time.
    And of course, in high school I read whether I liked it or not (and in the cases of Steinbeck's The Pearl and Hawthorne's The Scarlet Letter I assure you I did not). Somewhere in there I also read a lot of Douglas Adams and a whole whack of fantasy novels, most of which sucked, as the genre goes.
    Now, in university, I don't have much time to "read", per se, at least not anything enjoyable. I've read a lot of text books, though. Do those count?
    Anyway, overall I'm probably pushing 100, not counting picture books I read way back in the day.

16. Nikkisword

Nikkisword New Member

I have read some Star Wars books and I mostly like Samurai books like Shogun or the Samurai mysteries. :sweat2:

17. seraphinx

seraphinx Oy, Artista!

Jeez! :glazed: Some of you read choke (a lot of) books! Counting only books that are more than 75 pages each, after say 4th grade, and including books read for classes... I'd say less than 200. The height of my interest in books was when I was around 11-15 years old. Then I got into... the Internet!

I like Anne Rice and Piers Anthony books, heheheh, even though I only read one book each, and just started a new book each! Same goes with Melanie Rawn's "Dragon Prince" trilogy.

If you wanna talk about kiddie books (!), I remember reading my first Nate The Great book. After that, I used to hunt around the school library for more! Anyone else remember those books? He was a kid detective who liked pancakes, and had a female friend named Rosamond. I liked her cuz she had black hair, green-eyes, and 4 black cats named Little Hex, Plain Hex, Big Hex, and Super Big Hex. :D

18. Spiggy

Spiggy Freak of Nature

i've read many, many books! examples? urg, where to start...
    lots of Anne McCaffery's Pern-based books
    the Harry Potter ones (of course)
    ALL the Discworld series :p
    but some of my "most-read" authors would be Candice Robb, Robin Jarvis, Patricia McKillip, and Douglas Adams. I bet some of those names mean nothing to some ;)

and i'm into David Gemmell at the mo, although he has some very strange ideas about women...

1 person likes this.
  19. Dante

Dante New Member

Outside of books for school, I haven't really read many books, not as many as I have lead on...

The one's I can remember are...

Batman Forever (when I was really, really young. x_x Around when the movie came out... or it might have been Batman Returns.. I can't remember)

Mortal Kombat (once again when I was really young.. that book was a ***** since I was like seven and it was 400 pages but managed to finish it in a week or two)

Sphere by Michael Crichton

Relic by Michael Crichton

Jurassic Park by (I forget)

Lost World by (I forget)

Thinner by Stephen King

The Shining by Stephen King

IT by Stephen King

Cujo by Stephen King

The Eye Of The World by Robert Jordan

The Great Hunt by Robert Jordan

The Dragon Reborn by Robert Jordan

Basketball Diaries by Jim Carroll

Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk

Choke by Chuck Palahniuk

Survivor by Chuck Palahniuk

Invisible Monsters by Chuck Palahniuk

Diary by Chuck Palahniuk

Lullaby by Chuck Palahniuk

Fugitives and Refugees by Chuck Palahniuk

Wizard's First Rule (or something) by Terry Goodkind

Dhampir by Barb and JC Hendee

Thief of Lives by Barb and JC Hendee

Sabriel by Garth Nix

Lirael by Garth Nix

Abhorsen by Garth Nix

Across The Nightingale Floor by Lian Hearn

Grass For His Pillow by Lian Hearn

Fear And Loating In Las Vegas by Hunter S. Thompson

That's all I can think of right now. When I was younger I also read a good portion of the Animorphs series and read a lot of books for school... but all of those books blew, so...

It may or may not count but I also read a few books of collective poetry namely by Edgar Allan Poe (I KNOW I spelled his name wrong somehow), Jim Carroll, Charles Bukowski, and Allen Ginsberg.

My Crichton and King days were when I was much younger.. I don't really like their stuff anymore.

20. Meaikoh

Meaikoh See you later, Moderator

I've read more than 5000 books. There's no way I could count them all. I've read enough sci-fi, fantasy, and other categories to fill a fair-sized library. I love to read. I own a great deal of classics as well. It's what I ask for for Christmas, what you can find me doing most of the time if I'm not writing, drawing or on the computer (or playing video games :p).

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.