Square Enix How to beat the toughest fights of them all.

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Reisti Skalchaste, Aug 24, 2004.

1. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

The self-proclaimed sister thread to BakaMattSu's "Toughest Fight of them all" is here! In this thread, I, along with anyone who cares to add, will post strategies for beating enemies listed in the BakaMattSu's thread, accessible here.

We'll begin (somewhat appropriately), by having Shinryu (myself) explain how to defeat Shinryuu, of Final Fantasy 5 fame.

This is my strategy, so understand that there ARE other ways. But this is how I did it.

First, I had everyone master Red Mage, White Mage, Time Mage, and Summoner. For this trick, you MUST have Red Mage's "X-Magic" ability, and the Time Magic "Quick."

Make everyone mimics, and equip them with Coral Rings, available in Istory Village for $50,000 apiece. Give at least one of them Lvl. 6 White Magic. Give all of them Lvl. 6 Effect Magic, and X-Magic. Give Lvl. 5 Call Magic to the ones who don't have White Magic. (I gave it to Lenna). When the battle begins, he will use Tidal Wave. With the Coral rings equipped, it will do nothing.

Have your first character cast Quick and either Bahamut or Meteo through X-Magic. On your first of the quick-supplied turns, either cast Meteo twice, or Summon Bahamut twice. Again, through X-Magic. On your second turn, use Mimic, it will save you MP. Lather, Rinse, Repeat. If he does damage you, have your white magic user cast Cure 3 several times. Shinryuu will fall like rotten fruit. Heh, he didn't even touch me.

[EDIT]After you kill me... er, Shinryuu, he'll fork over the Ragnarock, the strongest Knight Sword in the game. Excalibur nothing! Also, he will drop the Dragon Crest, an item that proves you beat me, er, him.[/EDIT]

2. Valant Rapitor

Valant Rapitor A Hungry Weeble

In theory, any final boss can be beaten if you took the time to bother levelling up everything that's possible, every stat, and skill and such.

Lesse... in FF7. I mean, come on. With a 255-across the board Cid and Cloud, along with a less-than-spectacular healing Tifa, I pwned Emerald Weapon with not much concern. Why? FinalAttack-Phoenix up the wazoo, along with Cid and Cloud BOTH having mastered Cover Materia and 15 mastered Counter Attack Materia. This means that, they'll cover any coverable attack, and hit back for 149986. About an Omnislash in damage terms. Now that wasn't hard at all, was it? Ruby Weapon's also easy to off. Just need to keep 2 guys dead and phoenix down them later.

And what do you have to do for this?

Mug Unknowns in Gelnika until you hit the floor.

3. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

Omega, also from Final Fantasy 5

First off, I beat Omega after Shinryuu, so this guide will expect that you have also killed Shinryuu.

First off, at least 2 characters should have mastered Ninja, Archer, and Magic Swordsman. Make them Suppins. Give them the abilities "Magic Sword lvl. 5/6" and "X-Fight." Give each two Magic Sword-able weapons. Your other characters (at least 1) should be Mimics with the abilities: "White Magic lvl. 6," "Effect Magic lvl. 6," and "X-Magic." This makes them formidable healers, capaple of reviving everyone, healing over 9999 to all, etc.

Once in battle, have your suppins use "Bolt 3 Sword." Keeping your healer/s ready to heal. Don't bother with attack magic, because it will either be reflected or do next to nothing. When your Suppins get their next turn use X-Fight. When I had a lvl.99 Butz with Ragnarok and Excalibur do this, he 9999 a hit. Omega will fall like... some... easily-fallen... thing. Yeah, that's the ticket.

[EDIT]Omega will give you the Omega Medal to prove his downfall.[/EDIT]

To VR: Perhaps you could give a method that doesn't require ridiculous amounts of time spent leveling and doesn't remove all challenge from the game?

4. Kagome's Arrow

Kagome's Arrow Princess of Unicorns

Final Fantasy X: Seymour Flux

I actually found Natus to be a much more difficult battle, but according to Bakamattsu's thread at least two or three of you had trouble with this *shrug*.

First of all, make sure you've stocked up on Holy Waters since one of Flux's most effective techniques is to cast zombie on you and try to eliminate you with potions/full-lifes/pheonix downs. You'll want to make sure your characters are devently leveled up, so do some rigorous training in Gagazet. Have your aeons all at overdrive, as well as your characters, and you'll want to stock up on Pheonix Downs/Hi-Potions (though that should be a given).

Have Tidus and Yuna available to cast Hastega and Protect upon your party repeatedly (if he decides to Dispel you), and when zombie-fied, cure yourself with Holy-Waters as quickly as possible. If your aeons are strong enough Bahamut's overdrive should do a considerable ammount of damage (though Seymour will banish it upon his next turn), so remember that your aeons only get a single shot. Lulu's Demi/Death are rendered useless (he's immune), but Bio isn't and it's quite effective if not immediately cured. Follow that by a barrage of Aeon/character overdrives, and he should go down without too much hassle.