How to do Gatotsu!!!

Discussion in 'Rurouni Kenshin' started by Superfly, Mar 7, 2003.

1. Superfly

Superfly Active Member

Yes I found this a long time ago and I think it would be appropriate to post it here...
    This is how you do the Gatotsu, and believe me, it works (ask my cousin who got injured by my bamboo stick!!!)
    Now you can do Gatotsu like Saitou does, and maybe you'll beat ME some day...
    http://www.geocities.com/pure_saiyajin/gatotsu.html

2. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

Hehe...that will suit me pretty good...I've played badminton for 4½ years :p * fixes saitoh haircut, smokes a cig..and whispers..AKu..Soku..Zan..*

3. Hitokiri_Gensai

Hitokiri_Gensai Gunslinger Girl

*sighs* just so you know the Gatotsu does *NOT* exist more its an unnamed left handed refined horizantal forward thrust based on the left handed specialty of the Shinsengumi known as Hirazuki...

4. Superfly

Superfly Active Member

don't think i'm a fool... i DID know THAT, y'know...
    *, sighsshrugs and shakes head*
    it's not because Gatotsu IS a fictional move it CANNOT be performed...
    I'm living proof
    :D

5. Hitokiri_Gensai

you might find this and interesting tidbit of history as u are a Saitou Hajime fan.
    The Last Stand of the Shinsengumi
    The Boshin War
    Saitou Hajime was separated from the mainforce in the third battle of the Aizu war. Duels to the death spread around him until the last. After the new era, he took refuge in Aizu. At the time of the Seinan War, he participated in the government forces Keishichoo Battoutai. Afterwards, he lived as police lieutenant Fujita Gorou. The Shinsengumi fought on in various places in the north. The fifth unit fought unflinchingly in the Hakedata War before disbanding.

6. Hitokiri_Gensai

also one thing to remember its good that you mastered the gatotsu but remember in sword fighting particularly in kenjutsu and Iaijutsu its not good enough just to know one technique you also have to be fairly learned in the way the katana will react to shock as well as when too much strain is being put on the blade (found that out the hard way ><) also waza or techniques of a school are special moves that are taught to counter or attack and opponent but the swordsman or stratigist as Musashi Miyamoto called them must be learned in basic sword moves such as the forward head stroke which actually was often a strike at the shoulders since the head is a round bone and the sword has a tendency to slip or move. its also a good thing to know the 9 vital points on the body. The head, the right and left shoulders, the left and right waist, left and right legs, Between the Legs, and the Chest.

7. Hitokiri_Gensai

oh yeah also if u remember in episode 30 when Saitou used the Gatotsu on Kenshin he blocked high after saitou missed and then swung in at him then Kenshin followed through with the Ryuu Kan Sen. so basicly the gatotsu isa great move but when it misses unless you have blinding speed like Kenshin of Saitou the whole match is over. ive been in practice sparring where they opponent misses and is left totally open.

8. Superfly

Superfly Active Member

True about Kenshin dodging it, but Saitou also lost his attack speed there since Kenshin dodged THAT way so Saitou wouldn't come running down from the left.
    So in other words, Kenshin jumped to the LEFT! Saitou had to alter his swing there, twisting his whole upper body to make the sideways cut. This gave Kenshin the upperhand indeed since Saitou was directly in the effective area of Kenshin's swing.
    Now if Kenshin DID jump to the right (his right, ofcourse) Saitou would have had the upperhand.
    -Sharp edge facing Kenshin
    -Kenshin wouldn't have gotten space to move or swing his sword properly since Saitou was too close to the swordcase...

Well I don't know if I made sense, but then again, English isn't my first language... I have a hard time explaining things, perhaps I should do it with little pictures or something...

But the conclusion is, Kenshin knew what he was doing by jumping to his left...

;)

9. Hitokiri_Gensai

actually right after that kenshin said: that every swordsman has one technique that kills in one hit and that Gatotsu was his but after showing it to him 4 times he would figure a way to counter it

10. Superfly

Superfly Active Member

Lol I forgot about that one
    ^-^U 's been a while they aired the series again here...
    I wonder when they'll do it again..

But Saitou didn't use Zero Stance... But since he never used it against Kenshin, it's a shame...
    Good lord, I can't believe they censored that in the anime against Usui...
    You remember, in the manga, the Zero Stance slit Usui in half, and then pinned the upper half against the wall, yes?
    :D

11. TagZrael

TagZrael New Member

12. TagZrael

TagZrael New Member

Musashi Myomoto rules!! :D

13. Hitokiri_Gensai

did u mean the great swordsman Musashi Miyamoto? the founder of Nitou Ryuu?

14. TagZrael

TagZrael New Member

yuess. you spoke of him above. i have his book, as well as a big story about his life. cool guy, he was. giant.

15. Hitokiri_Gensai

hai, de gozaru yo, although he was kinda unkept and smelly. he was afraid to be without his sword and was quite smelliy >< after his 60th duel he stopped using Shinken and began using Bokkens in his duels. he actually killed quite a few people using them ^^;;;;

16. Battousai

Battousai New Member

Gensai sure knows his stuff. :)

17. Hitokiri_Gensai

ah *bows* arigatou