How to pronounce UKs name

Discussion in 'Akamatsu Ken Works' started by MamiyaOtaru, Feb 15, 2002.

1. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

Is it Keitairo Urashima? LOL

Those crappy subs have me all confused ;) Oh man I can really wait for the US release

2. UrashimaKeitaro

UrashimaKeitaro Sesquipedalian Mod

the closest you can get with writing it would probably be:

Urashima Keitaro

the best indicator is to find some japanese people, or some sound clips of the original language track... but for crying out loud, don't listen to the dub! Save yourself before it's too late!

-UK

3. MamiyaOtaru

Of course you knew I was joking, ne?

Just picking a weird way to start a topic on the evilness of the dubs. It is pretty unbeliebable to me how they can mangle stuff like that. Did they even listen to the original at all? Or they just retarded?

4. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

I think they're just retarded, personally. Either that, or they're geniuses, because it must be really hard to screw things up as much as we've all seen in the past. It's not as though there are no good English-language voice actors ... the developers need to stop hiring bargain-bin "talent" and start going for the real deal. Look at the voice acting in Final Fantasy X. That's just a video game, and they can hire good actors for that. Maybe it's just more of Squaresoft's perfectionism ... Or maybe it's just that people are lazy when it comes to making a dubbed series, I don't know.
    What must a guy do to get some decent acting on this continent?!

5. MamiyaOtaru

Haha you're right. I saw someone playing Final Fantasy X a few days ago (first time, I'm a little behind the times) and sure enough, it didn't sound too bad. Couple cheesy ones, but they were bit players. Nothing really horrible. Other games: Deus Ex: good. Duke Nukem Forever: decent. Jedi Knight: ok, though some were bad; still better than Love Hina.

If a buncha nerdy game developers can get it right, how hard can it be to get right for those who are in the anime part of the entertainment business? Oh man.

hey GnZ, you heard any of the Love Hina dub yet? You'll laugh you *&( off. Or cry, dunno

6. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

I'll have to see about looking it up. As a bit of a voice-acting-type person myself, I'm always interested in seeing how bad the pros are. It's really sad that they actually get paid for this. More like they should get kicked for it if you asked me.

7. Cloud

Cloud Administrator
    Staff Member

I think it's prolly something like ooh-RAH-shee-mah KAY-tar-oh.

Slightly OT - There's a Japanese guy called Kitaro (like the musician) in Babylon 5 Legend of the Rangers.

John (up to episode 16 now!).
    --

8. Mordeth

Mordeth Mordeth Vult!

it is my goal in life, to hear how the dubbed tama-chan :)

"mee--yuuuu"

hehe

god they'd better not touch that turtle's voice.

keitaro and shinobu have great voices in the jap. version, any kind of dub would only ruin it

9. MamiyaOtaru

the dub did ruin it :D

UK, you still got those clips? Could we upload them anywhere? they really are worth hearing. IMHO they are enough to convert your staunchest dub fan

The clips I have heard didn't have Tama in them though

10. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

the dub is soo bad! it hurt when i watched it. and besides, the japanese audio track is of much better quiality(switch the audio back and forth if you don't believe me).

oo ra she ma kay tah row
    best i can do here writing it phonetically...it's a phonectic language. *^-^* that makes it a little easier. just make the r's sound like a combination of and r and an l. lol

11. UrashimaKeitaro

for those of you masochistic enough to doubt our word on the matter... I've gone to the trouble of collecting the Love Hina Dub Track samples again, they had mysteriously disappeared from my hard drive. Now to find a way to make them all available... I don't suppose anyone has about 900k of space for the mp3s? Geocities doesn't like to link things directly...

-UK

12. Mordeth

Mordeth Mordeth Vult!

i can host them yeah.. but how are we going to get it from you to me? :)

i can't set up an ftp or anything for you to upload it...

how about sending it over IRC? .. I'm usually on dalnet as Mordeth, or if you hve a server you prefer just let me know :)

13. UrashimaKeitaro

any way is as good to me, I haunt around IRC sometimes, a mere shadow of my former presence there now. I'll look you up on Dalnet tonight then, any particular favored channel? or shall I dub the official #M2A channel open?

-UK
    ~~~~~~~
    on IRC aka SOLYD, JavaLamp, and KamikazeNerfBat

14. Mordeth

Mordeth Mordeth Vult!

hrm, i won't be on tonight... i'm off home in a short while hehe..

but perhaps a M2a IRc channel wouldn't be a bad idea..

not on dalnet though.. that's a horrible network that I only go to out of habit.. lots of netsplits there and worse.

anyone else got any ideas?

15. UrashimaKeitaro

maybe on enterthegame then? I've been frequenting that server lately. lots of fansubber groups on it

-UK