Debate Human Society - a discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Reisti Skalchaste, Apr 10, 2006.

1. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

Edit: This might be better in Languages and Culture...

While waiting for the bus today, I got into a small discussion with a man I'd never met. It started off because he noticed I was reading a Time magazine, which was going into great depth about illegal immigration in the United States.

Anyway, it expanded from there, we got to discussing human society. The world we live in is so... unbelievable, really.

The little things that we've grown to rely on, like the grocery stores we buy our food at, the electricity that powers almost every aspect of our lives, the cars we drive to work... our society has grown so interdependant as to make us incapable of surviving on our own- by that same token it's also isolated us, breaking apart the fellowship that once held us together, and changing our society in ways our ancestors would never have imagined.

I'd mentioned that in many ways our society hadn't changed since medieval times, or earlier, and the guy said he thought it was worse. Crime exists now as it has then but it's ever on the rise, we grow more and more separated from each other and more isolated in our own little worlds.

Now, his question was, "What can be done to change the decline our society has long since suffered from?"

Well, not exactly worded that way but along those lines. :p

2. Lance Leingod

Lance Leingod The White Blade

In truth, or what I really believe in, we are too much dependant on what we use today. Computers, heaters, fast food places, anything you can think of that needs money or anything else. To what I believe, sooner or later, humankind will go into a war great enough to mess up the way we live. We would have to hunt animals like when they first did in history and do the same stuff then.

There have also been other things that just keep coming up on either the internet or the TV that tells that we are going to be entering armageddon sooner or later in our life time. There are a lot of things about it but I'm just saying that maybe if and when we do go into a war, it may be coming but no one knows until it has already passed.

As for helping us not decline, that is not so easy to answer. I'll edit this post after I think about it.

I may have gone off topic and I'm sorry about that, I just thought that it was important to bring it up. Its what I think.