Art Hypnos Agogos Page 1

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Baphijmm, Feb 19, 2007.

1. Baphijmm

Baphijmm Kunlun Knight

Χυπνος Αγογος Page 1

This is a page of a new manga idea I had entitled that mess of Greek above (pron. HYUP-nos a-GO-gos). Pretty much everything one needs to know about it is in the description on the page (link goes to dA). Merely posting it here as I've not posted artwork to this site in a long while (please don't go digging; it's embarrassing...), and it's the kind of thing people here might be interested in. :)

2. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

It looks good.

The doom thing was rather confusing. I think they add something in making it like an action forgot what. Check out other Mangas.

So what is the story about?

3. Baphijmm

Baphijmm Kunlun Knight

Using xxxHOLiC as a reference, the only thing I can tell they do is use a different font. I think I did that, but I might change it up to see if that helps.

As for the story, Alfred Maury is a 20-year old Psych major; the story truly picks up from his 20th birthday, when he is inducted into the Order of the Sandmen in his sleep, being told that it's because he was able to access their realm and that doing so indicates a fate to the Order. The Sandmen, in folklore, are characters who help children sleep by sprinkling sand in their eyes; this is slightly extended from the truth - the Sandmen protect humanity in their sleep from the various threats therein, such as Cubi (incubi/succubi), Maras (nightmares), and the like.

I'm thinking this will probably be a very dark-styled manga, but I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it specifically stylistically. If that makes any sense.